• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 154" suspension setup

P

Powder1

Mar 1, 2008
Colorado
I am a newb and not very familiar with the suspension setups on the XP so I am looking for some guidance. I have an 08 XP everest 800 154". I am 6' 3" 200 pounds in riding gear.

So far, I have removed the sway bar. Tilted the bars back to just ahead of the steering post angle. Set the ski springs to #2 (assuming #1 is the softest setting). Limiter strap has been let out to last hole. Center spring is set at #3. Not really sure where I need to set the pre load plastic adjuster on the center spring? Rear spring cam adjuster at #3. Please let me know if these settings sound close or if you have any recomendations.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Sounds pretty good to me....ride it and adjust as necessary, but what you have is exactly what I would recommend. :beer;

P

Powder1

Mar 1, 2008
Colorado
Thanks winter brew. What about the pre load plastic adjuster for the center spring? I have tried to adjust it but not really seeing what it's doing for me. Any advice on getting this adjusted correctly?

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Thanks winter brew. What about the pre load plastic adjuster for the center spring? I have tried to adjust it but not really seeing what it's doing for me. Any advice on getting this adjusted correctly?

that just a spacer between the springs as it has a softer and firmer spring... you adjust the center spring just like the ski springs. keep it as soft as possible.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I am a newb and not very familiar with the suspension setups on the XP so I am looking for some guidance. I have an 08 XP everest 800 154". I am 6' 3" 200 pounds in riding gear.

So far, I have removed the sway bar. Tilted the bars back to just ahead of the steering post angle. Set the ski springs to #2 (assuming #1 is the softest setting). Limiter strap has been let out to last hole. Center spring is set at #3. Not really sure where I need to set the pre load plastic adjuster on the center spring? Rear spring cam adjuster at #3. Please let me know if these settings sound close or if you have any recomendations.

I have a 146' and that is precisely that set up I find that works perfect. I used to run with the front ski's on like 3 - 4 but since backing them down the sled handles much better in the fluff. I would suggest you also look at reversing the ski's but the left on right, and right on left if your dealer didn't set it this way from the beginning ( most don't). Basically there are two keels on the bottom of the ski the better set up has keel on the inside and the carbide in the middle. If the keel is on the outside it acts like a second point of rotation and rudder when carving in low snow conditions. It gives it that "kick back/flat" feel many complain about on the XP in less than perfect snow. What is also great is when doing that you don't have to ride so far back on the sled to get it to lay over. When the XP first came out we all started tilting the bars back and riding towards the butt of the sled... basically fighting the ski's natural tendency and trying to load the weight in the back of the sled. With the ski's swapped I found you can throw the sled around with weight up front too. Good luck and enjoy your sled.

Cheers
Shawn

Premium Features