• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vholdr Editing software

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Vholdr Editing software with videos

So there has been a lot of questions on what programs to use to edit these HD Contour .mov files. The best one that I have now come across is the Windows Movie Maker with Windows 7 operating system. My wife just bought a new dell computer and has windows 7 on it. I downloaded the free Windows Live Movie Maker and it works great with these files. It does not do slowmotion from what I can tell but it still works pretty good. If you go to my Channel on Youtube you can see the videos I made using it. They are the "Sled Video 09 HD Helmet Cam Part 1 & 2." Click on see all to see the list of the videos as i uploaded two other videos after that to show the first camera quality.

The video that is labeld March Part 1 & 2 was done with Powerdirector on my other computer. Windos Live movie maker does not work with the earlier version Camera that produces the .avi files. I have not tried the New HD1080 camera yet so I dont know how it will work but it should work just fine since it has the same .mov file extention.

Anyway here are a few videos that i have put together over the weekend to show the diffeence between the two. Hopefully the new one we can set up so it wont be completly washed out. Anyway enjoy. :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/yamadoo04#p/a/u/3/kCHoV_Gx05Q

Last edited:
S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Great videos! I would only say that you tilt the cam up just a little bit for the video of the Horseshoe ride, Mill hollow was perfect! keep it up!:cool:

H
Oct 8, 2003
Anchorage, AK
The video quality looks good except it is so bright you can't see the details in the snow.

Thanks for posting the vid, I have been trying to decide between the vholder contour HD and the hero HD. Right now I'm leaning towards the contour because it has rechargable batteries and I hear the hero eats the lithium disposables.

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
My Contour HD 1080 should be here today or tomorrow. I ordered the 1080 because you can supposedly adjust contrast and exposure etc....

Still need an extra battery with some type of 12 volt charger to wire into the sled...

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
The video quality looks good except it is so bright you can't see the details in the snow.

Thanks for posting the vid, I have been trying to decide between the vholder contour HD and the hero HD. Right now I'm leaning towards the contour because it has rechargable batteries and I hear the hero eats the lithium disposables.

Wait and get the HD1080 that is coming out. You will be able to change the contrast and brightness levels before you head out so it wont be as washed out. I got my camera last week so as soon as it snow more and I can get out to test it I will post how well it works.

However I may not end up posting it on this forum becasue it is getting so slow. I tried to reply to this thread like 5 times today and never could get it to work. Slowest might be loosing me.

M
Dec 11, 2007
software

Does the software that comes with the camera allow you to burn to disk easily or is this "inclueded software" not worth using?

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
I dont use the easy edit software that comes with the camera much. All that lets you do is cut a clip and post it to their website. Not really an editing software. I dont think you can burn it to a disk from the program. In my opinion the software isnt worth the space that it takes up on the computer. Maybe I am wrong and someone else can correct me.

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I have the 1080p contour hd as well. I havent played around with it to much. But I will give a little review.

The video quality is amazing and is super crisp and clear. I prefer 720p in 60fps compared to 1080p in 30fps. The 60fps is so much smoother and funner/nicer to watch. Also in 720p and all other modes the angle of view is 135 degrees. in 1080p it is 110 degree field of view.

Audio is the biggest downer on this unit. I took it for a quick ride on my motorcycle and anything over 15-20mph is all wind noise. There are custom fixes you can do (external mics) if you look on the forums on there site. But you will void the warranty.

There software, is only good for uploading videos to there site or changing camera settings. Other than that, in my opinion definitely get a different program if you have any plans for minor to major editing. Like it was said before, all you can really do with there software clip videos I think.

I haven't seen or used the go pro hd helmet cam, but I would definitely recommend the contour hd 1080p to anybody.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
For those that have the Contour HD I just found out they now have a new lens kit that you can buy and you can put a 37 mm lens filter on the camera. I just bought it today, so this may be a good option for you rather then buying a new 1080 camera. I will let you know how it works when I get it. I guess i will still have to wait for the snow too. Still nothing in Utah. :mad:

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
I got my camera and played around with it a bit. The software seems to be different, but you need it to change the settings on the camera.

The nice thing about the contour is it takes a popular nokia cell phone battery. My plan is to get an old phone/battery and 12v charger and wire it into my sled, that way I will always have a battery charging so I dont have to worry about the cold eating the battery. I just have to find the right combo...

Homeslice, I get back from the slope on the 16th, and Ill have my camera all ready for its maiden voyage. We should ride, and then see how the vid works out....

Joe

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
For those that have the Contour HD I just found out they now have a new lens kit that you can buy and you can put a 37 mm lens filter on the camera. I just bought it today, so this may be a good option for you rather then buying a new 1080 camera. I will let you know how it works when I get it. I guess i will still have to wait for the snow too. Still nothing in Utah. :mad:

We need to ride together one of these days, I've got to get this XP out I bought this fall, once we get a good dump we should hit up guardsman!

Premium Features