• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spare tire mounting

Jan 7, 2008
Wasilla, AK
What have some of you done for a good solid mount inside your enclosed trailers to keep it off the floor but strong enough mounting to the tube frames behind the skin shells?? My v-nose is toom short to put outside and am concerned about the tire weight hangin off the 1" or 1/14" vertical members. I want it off the floor so I don't have to loose width clearance.

I can get you the spare tire mounts that Wells Cargo, Triton or Featherlite use. They dont cost very much and they work Really good. I looked around for pictures and I couldnt find any. The hardest part is going to be hitting the uprights, some manufactures use light duty ones that are hard to hit. I like the ones that Triton uses the best, but they all work well.

I can ship them direct to you if you want one.

Just my 2 cents. If I can help you then I sure will. I can probably talk them into sending me pictures if you need them.

Jan 7, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I can get you the spare tire mounts that Wells Cargo, Triton or Featherlite use. They dont cost very much and they work Really good. I looked around for pictures and I couldnt find any. The hardest part is going to be hitting the uprights, some manufactures use light duty ones that are hard to hit. I like the ones that Triton uses the best, but they all work well.

I can ship them direct to you if you want one.

Just my 2 cents. If I can help you then I sure will. I can probably talk them into sending me pictures if you need them.

a picture would be nice. I have a United FYI

look up a company called loadlocker. i bought one of their trailer spare mounts. like 16 bucks, plus shipping. it was the simplest install. remove a stock screw that holds the skin inside on, run one of the supplied self tapping screws into the hole, add the rest of the supplied screws, done. i, too, did alot of searching for spare mounts, found this particular one and have so far been impressed.only down side is you would need a wrench available, which you should have anyway to remove the spare from the mount. a wing nut type thing would make it even cooler, which i am now working on. my trailer is a 28' continental.

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
our new mirage trailer comes with a spare tire mount like a truck. the tire is mounted under the floor and you crank it down with a supplies bar. could probably make something out of a vehicle one from an auto wrecker.

These are not the best pictures, but they should give you a pretty good idea of what they are. The first one is a Wells Cargo. It is basically an almost flat piece of steel about 2.5" wide x 3' tall with 2 studs welded on it to mount the tire to. $45 plus freight.

The second one with the 5 spoke wheel in the picture is the Triton version. It is alot nicer to look at. It is all aluminum with 2 upright mounts and a cradle for the tire. There is one bolt to secure the tire to the bracket. The cradle is made out of Aluminum Tread Plate and the whole thing looks nice. $85 plus freight.

Those are the best pictures that I could come up with at the moment since I dont have them in stock I had to ask around. I hope that helps you out.

Thank you,
Olie

Spare Tire Carrier Inside.jpg Spare Tire Carrier, Interior.jpg

Premium Features