• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NS1 Gauge System with GPS Mapping

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Is this gauge plug and play into a 2017 sidewinder? What is the deal with the Can converter, not really sure why I would need that or if it works with my model?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Is this gauge plug and play into a 2017 sidewinder? What is the deal with the Can converter, not really sure why I would need that or if it works with my model?

The NS1 is plug and play on all the vehicles it supports, which is pretty much all new sleds except the very latest from Ski-Doo. The only tool required for install is a screwdriver. You can the installation manuals here:
http://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system/documentation

The CAN converter is only needed if you have a VIPEC aftermarket ECU. You most likely don't need one.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Is it work for cellphone tracker on Android?

What you linked to looks like Malware. I'm sure you could probably install it, but you'd need to have a WIFI connection or hotspot with a smartphone for it to function, which is rare in the backcountry.

If your goal is to see other riders in your group the location sharing functionality of the NS1 is drastically better, and doesn't rely on cell service:
http://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system/location-sharing

The location sharing feature uses Gotennas to share location information with a range of around 1/3rd to 3/4ths a mile or more depending on terrain.

The location sharing works with people who don't have a NS1 as well, as long as they have a Gotenna as well. At the moment they need to have an Android smartphone or tablet, but iPhones and iPads will be supported next season.

DA8CuBz.jpg

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
It will be compatible with 2019 Polaris and Arctic Cat sleds.

On the Arctic Cat side the only thing I need to update is the ability to show the iACT suspension setting and handwarmer/thumbwarmer level when changed. I already do something similar for Ski Doo.

Even without those updates the NS1 will work just fine on the 2019s though, since showing the iACT and handwarmer/thumbwarmer settings is informational only since the ECU actually controls that stuff.

Premium Features