• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Long Rod PRO Motor

scootdog

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2011
SF Bay Area Now, Tahoe soon
Take it easy buddy, I was just joking about the guaranteed. That Tommy boy scene is my favorite.

New to sledding have no idea your history, it's awesome you stand by your product. Being a consumer a little more information might help you sell some. Not design specifics but maybe performance gains.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Great post Dan - now if I can get ya to reply to my emails I could make up my mind on what to do with my Pro! I know that you must be very, very busy and hopefully, this has just slipped thru the cracks. Hope to hear from you soon. Would it be better if I called you or communicate thru email? Appreciate all the info and insights that you have.
Larry

Ive had good luck just calling. Hopefully i can get my motor in the mail monday

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Someone brought a link here, I did not con some other member to post it for me, or send sum people in to start trouble that are knowen to do that. That can't handle things themselves they need inside poster for buddy help.

Dan

So was ALL of that aimed at me. Do you have a problem with me posting the link? I can assure you, Dan, that i didn't go tell a bunch of people to come in and hijack this thread.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
So was ALL of that aimed at me. Do you have a problem with me posting the link? I can assure you, Dan, that i didn't go tell a bunch of people to come in and hijack this thread.

I think he was just sayin that he wasn't advertising that motor package in this thread, it was brought up by someone else, nothing negative toward you I'm sure.

Is the snow yet? :smow:

I'm glad Dan does offer guarantees and warranties with his motors. Like it or not it does add a sense of comfort and show his confidence in his claims. Keep up the hard work Dan, it's appreciated.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
I wish I could see iq choking on Dan's rubber boot. Lol. I know who I would be betting on. Just wanna thank Indy speciality's for his services. Can't wait for my motor :)

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Scott

Absolutely not Scott !!! I Have no problem with you moving info around. Thats what the internets all about !!

Back to work for me I haver $hit to do.

scootdog.........No harn on foul !! Sorry I miss understood your post. Its sometimes hard to pull humor from a slam when its in print.

Dan

Last edited:

800xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Dan -

Can you confirm that you WILL be offering these kits to mountain riders next year? If so, am I assuming correctly that you have a few out in the mountains now working the kinks out? I know you won't put something out that isn't tested and tested and tested some more.

I am not an engine builder or expert so PLEASE don't take this post as me "challenging" you in any way. I am just trying to learn and wanting to find what kit is best for me. That being said, I am curious as to the performance of this kit comapred to a big bore in the mountains where torque is so important. Wouldn't a big bore make a lot more torque?

I have no doubt that a good tuner/builder can take a small CC motor and make it an absolute screamer across a lake. I have seen 600's and 660's wax 800's and 900's in flat drags. BUT, point them up a hill with 4 feet of fresh at 10,000ft and it's a whole different story.

Not sure if I am making a good point but just my thoughts. I have the utmost respect for Dan and his work. I am just trying to share my initial concerns. I am sure Dan will address them thoughtfully when he has time.

thanks for the input and all the good work you have done for us Polaris diehards for the past 25 years :)

X
Dec 10, 2009
3 Year Top to Bottom Warranty

* ( Long Rod Torque Master 3 ) *

Well its finally here & ready for 2012/2013.

After years of studying the 800 Small Block.
The design problems have been addressed. * ( and Back with a Warranty that proves it. ) *

Nick Named - The LR-TM3 PRO Motor for all 2011,12
*( Long Rod Torque Master 5 ) *
*( There will Also be a LR-TM5 2011 Thru 2013 available ) * Being Polaris as not yet address the rod ratio problem. And their extended warranty is covered by an outside insurance company.......Seems they don't even have confidence in their new CFI2 Motors either. Try and find ( Extend FACTORY Warranty ) Polaris covers a new sled for 1 year. Just think how many 2012's their will be out there with zero miles and zero factory warranty.

The Motor is fully assembled, Case, Crank, Pistons, Cylinder, & Head.
You just add your ignition & fuel system.

It has a Top To Bottom 3 Year warranty, and almost everything is under warranty....Pistons include. Unless they are melted from a lean condition, Detonated or impacted by the exhust valve.

Price - $2500.00 Stock Compression ratio.

Polaris dealers Welcome, ( And Dealer Pricing Available )

This Motor requires a Core return Motor. - Case, Crankshaft, Cylinder, Head, Head cover & all bolts required for assembly.

Cylinder Core Requirements - It does NOT matter if the lower cylinder sleeve extensions are broke, But cylinder must not have any other external damage, Cylinder Plating can be trashed it doesn't matter.

Crankshaft Core Requirement - PTO & MAG - end & center pin must be in perfect condition, center wheels & lower rod pins in perfect condition.

Head Core Requirements - Undamaged ( No dings )

Crankcase Core Requirements - Good bearing bores & No cracks or holes.

There is also a 5 Year warranty LR-TM5 that has no core requirements
other then sending in your motor no matter what the condition but it must be complete with all Nuts & Bolts. NO IGNITION, and NO FUEL SYSTEM.

Dan

Dan,

What is the difference between the above LR-TM3 motor for $2500 vs the LRTM3 for $3500 listed ebay?

Premium Features