• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Calling all Iowa riders

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
I am looking at Ames, Iowa as a location and the class will be held in the evening, most likely 6-10pm. Mike Duffy

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
ttt

Lets not screw up this golden opportunity to have a avy meeting in flatland country. When Mike gets the final details in lets get as many people to the meeting as we can.

Thanks for everyone showing interest.

Kirk

messickzr

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Iowa
I would be willing to sponsor a meeting room. This is really important to me and I hope I can get a few other riding friends to join!

I

IQRMK900

Jan 8, 2008
central Iowa
I went to this class when I was in Laramie on our trip. I found the thread on here about it and signed me and my wife up. It was well worth the time and money. Mike is a very easy person to listen to and he does a great job teaching. Please flatlanders go to this class and take notes. We do not see the conditions enough to remember all he said to look for as potential slides. take notes and refresh before each trip.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
hmmm

with all the wind and snow we have had this past month in Colorado and the Snowies, Avy conditions are about as risky as it gets, so be cautious this weekend if you make the trip.....really, the snow is just ready to let go, piled layer upon layer and so windloaded.....no analysis will be necessary, it is bad.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
avy class

i would like to attend the avy class, and could bring a few from my area. do i need a permit to cross the state line to attend, just kidding. i am in ne. but would love to attend an avy class locally, i was close to taking one out west. please keep me posted and i will bring as many as i can talk into it, our local meeting is in 6 days, would like to hear a date and time from you by then,maybe i can talk to the bunch into coming , avy danger is high this year. Todd 402-690-4253

CROSSFIREMAN

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
iowa
any info yet? place? date? time?
just received a box from SnowBigDeal, BCA beacons for our group
time to practice, (3 day service from utah not bad )

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
I could probably get 6 or so from DSM, but need to have a date to say for sure. Several trips comming in the next 6 weeks already sch.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Class Update:
Class will take place in Ames, Iowa on February 11th at 6pm. I am working on the location and waiting for return phone calls. First place I checked was very expensive and I have a few more options. Please email me if you want to sign up: duffyww1@aol.com. Space will be limited to about 32 people, which should fill fast. I'll post the location and directions in Ames as soon as it is determined. Mike Duffy

P
Nov 27, 2007
Humboldt, Iowa
I took Mike's class in Minneapolis two years ago. I strongly encourage any one who rides out West, especially this year, take this class, and take it with the people you ride with! It is very imformative and well worth the time and money. Mike is an awesome guy to listen to and learn from! I'm going to take it again and I'm trying to get 5-8 other people to attend also.

Thanks Mike and thanks Yami.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Location for Ames, Iowa Avalanche class:

Holiday Inn Ames Conference Center
2609 University Blvd
Ames, IA 50010

Class time 6pm-10pm.

Filling up fast. Email: duffyww1@aol.com to sign up.

Bonus: www.snowbigdeal.com is offering a free shovel and probe($80 value) with the purchase of a beacon(at retail price) to anyone who takes the class. Details available at the class.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
The word is getting out on the class and I have about 15 spots left. Please email me duffyww1@aol.com or call 970-390-9433 if you are interested. Thanks, Mike

Premium Features