• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 cummins 6 speed

F

flyboy103

Nov 27, 2007
The tranny on my 04 dodge gave up on me last night and I'm looking for a place to get a good quality reman. There really isn't any upgrades for nv5600 6 speed otherwise I would just rebuild mine. Just wondering where a good place to look for something rebuilt in the U.S. with American made parts would be. Thanks in advance.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I do quality custom rebuilds (20+ year professional) and prefer to rebuild the original unit. This usually takes a little more time and due to the fact that I will NOT ever use aftermarket (made in Taiwan, Malaysia) gears, it also can add a day or two to get parts (OEM) and a little more money. I don't know where you are at but if quality matters, you could pm me.

R
Mar 16, 2010
How many miles were on your transmission? Stock truck?

I have the same truck/gearbox, don't want to be asking the same question, if there's anything I can do to prevent/prolong it, I'm all ears.

RH

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
The tranny on my 04 dodge gave up on me last night and I'm looking for a place to get a good quality reman. There really isn't any upgrades for nv5600 6 speed otherwise I would just rebuild mine. Just wondering where a good place to look for something rebuilt in the U.S. with American made parts would be. Thanks in advance.

upgrades? thats the strongest transmission ever put into a light duty p/u
did you ever change the lube?

http://www.standardtransmission.com/trannies.html these guys will help you out, there just isnt too many 5600 out there that are not just chuging along so your only bet might be to do a rebuild as cores are scarce.

the other option would be to swap out to a g56 from a late 05 up truck.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
upgrades? thats the strongest transmission ever put into a light duty p/u
did you ever change the lube?

http://www.standardtransmission.com/trannies.html these guys will help you out, there just isnt too many 5600 out there that are not just chuging along so your only bet might be to do a rebuild as cores are scarce.

the other option would be to swap out to a g56 from a late 05 up truck.

The synchronizers have been updated 2 times (on their 3rd design)

True about the core supply statement. The company I work for can't keep em cause we are to cheap to ship the core back. So we have to rebuild the customer's unit.

Premium Features