• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hunting Season

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
We went out and shot four coyotes yesterday morning. Here is nice pair I connected with. More hunting tomorrow.
twocoyotes.jpg

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
The coyoteman strikes again.
coyote1226-3.jpg

coyote1226-2.jpg

coyote1226-1.jpg

We got a dozen more today, 6 were killed by my new .204, I love that gun. One was a 600 yard poke at a dead run, one shot brought the dog down. A couple are missing from the pics, one mangy, other got lost after my tailgate decided to part ways with the truck. Recovered the tailgate, but the coyote never got found.
sorry, only crappy cell pics.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
no wonder they called you the coyoteman.. lol thats alot of coyotes you got there! I wish i could kill my first coyote this season but dont have a rifle yet.
GOOD JOB

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
no wonder they called you the coyoteman.. lol thats alot of coyotes you got there! I wish i could kill my first coyote this season but dont have a rifle yet.
GOOD JOB

I needed a shotgun rider this weekend, you could have taken that job. lol.

F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
Some years back, I worked for a aircraft operator in Montana. There was a problem with so many coyotes killing newborn/young calves and sheep that the state authorized the operators to do predator control using airplane and helicopter. We shot, skinned, and stretched over 300 coyotes and fortunately sold them for a good sum. But I must say I dont care to skin any more of the stinking varmits.

kcoyotes2.jpg kcoytoes1.jpg

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
We have run them in the past with aircraft, Its a lot of fun. If we could get away with it today we would do it again. I have never seen a year like this one, they are running in pairs to five in a group around here.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
Save some, did not see any sledding Sun. HEHEHE

There are plenty, shot three more yesterday, and a few got away. Saw one this morning on my way to work, but no gun. We still have not touched half of our normal territory.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Dropped a 14pt on the 18th early muzzle. Prob somewhere between 160-170" no luck bow yet, only been out once and gonna wait a little longer yet.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Saw a nice 160 class 10-pointer this morning on my way out of town. Stood 40-yards from the hwy and looked at me. Dare him to do that during smoke pole time. He will be riding in the back of my truck:face-icon-small-coo

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Still working to fill my bow tags. Seeing lots of deer, but not the ones i'm after.... Hope I can connect by end of next week.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Bored... Fig'd I'd try to post up pix/story of my early muzzle hunt. Fun hunt, but I was not expecting the outcome at all! The trail cam pic i have of him is the first pic I have of him since Dec of '10, hadn't seen him at all since then. Had pix of him throughout '08-'10. He showed back up 3 days before I shot him, and I didn't check my camera til a week or so after I shot him, so I had no idea he was around.
The minute after I bought my tag for early muzzle, I was kicking myself cause the season was only 8 days long, and I knew I'd be busy with harvest and my fulltime job. Even walking across the field the morning of the hunt, I was still cursing myself. It was the 18th and I only had til the 23rd, and likely would not have another chance to hunt. Luckily I was waiting for fertilizer to get spread before I had to start field work for the day, otherwise I wouldn't of been able to hunt at all. I walked in and got set-up sitting on the ground on the edge of a bean field and CRP strip. I got up and out there late, and was pissed about that and awhile after sunrise and not seeing anything, decided I needed to move to be in better position. Further pissing me off cause I'm easily busted by simply moving. Moved about 50 yards, and about 15 minutes later, I saw a doe 100 yds away in a creek bottom. I kept watching her, then watched her walk off. Ten minutes later, I suddenly saw white antler tips popping up and down in real thick cover right behind where I saw the first doe. They dissapeared after about 5 minutes, but then I saw him show up again right where the doe left from. I moved forward to one small 5 yd opening and watched for him to get there. All the while thinking, should I shoot him, or wait... Had no idea what buck it was, but I thought he looked decent and decided I'd shoot if I got the chance as I didnt know if I'd be able to get back out or not. When he reached the opening, I took the shot and he dropped right where he stood! Amazed is an understatement when I walked up on him and knew what buck I'd harvested! Was a 130 yard shot, and first kill with my new muzzleloader (Savage 10-MLII) VERY VERY VERY impressive rifle!!! Perfectly placed shot and inside he had no signs of intact heart or lungs, all blown to bits! Can't praise this rifle enough...

Wow, pretty easy to get the whole hunt typed out! Enjoy fellas, hoping to have a better story behind my bow tag :face-icon-small-win

IMG_0329.jpg PICT0006.jpg IMG_0331.jpg

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Bored... Fig'd I'd try to post up pix/story of my early muzzle hunt. Fun hunt, but I was not expecting the outcome at all! The trail cam pic i have of him is the first pic I have of him since Dec of '10, hadn't seen him at all since then. Had pix of him throughout '08-'10. He showed back up 3 days before I shot him, and I didn't check my camera til a week or so after I shot him, so I had no idea he was around.
The minute after I bought my tag for early muzzle, I was kicking myself cause the season was only 8 days long, and I knew I'd be busy with harvest and my fulltime job. Even walking across the field the morning of the hunt, I was still cursing myself. It was the 18th and I only had til the 23rd, and likely would not have another chance to hunt. Luckily I was waiting for fertilizer to get spread before I had to start field work for the day, otherwise I wouldn't of been able to hunt at all. I walked in and got set-up sitting on the ground on the edge of a bean field and CRP strip. I got up and out there late, and was pissed about that and awhile after sunrise and not seeing anything, decided I needed to move to be in better position. Further pissing me off cause I'm easily busted by simply moving. Moved about 50 yards, and about 15 minutes later, I saw a doe 100 yds away in a creek bottom. I kept watching her, then watched her walk off. Ten minutes later, I suddenly saw white antler tips popping up and down in real thick cover right behind where I saw the first doe. They dissapeared after about 5 minutes, but then I saw him show up again right where the doe left from. I moved forward to one small 5 yd opening and watched for him to get there. All the while thinking, should I shoot him, or wait... Had no idea what buck it was, but I thought he looked decent and decided I'd shoot if I got the chance as I didnt know if I'd be able to get back out or not. When he reached the opening, I took the shot and he dropped right where he stood! Amazed is an understatement when I walked up on him and knew what buck I'd harvested! Was a 130 yard shot, and first kill with my new muzzleloader (Savage 10-MLII) VERY VERY VERY impressive rifle!!! Perfectly placed shot and inside he had no signs of intact heart or lungs, all blown to bits! Can't praise this rifle enough...

Wow, pretty easy to get the whole hunt typed out! Enjoy fellas, hoping to have a better story behind my bow tag :face-icon-small-win

GOOD JOB!! Have you scored it?

Premium Features