• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Time for a turbo, but which one?

D

Dock

Dec 4, 2007
Langley BC
Also any input on the tunnel dump exhaust? I've ready good things about it and the only thing I can see is it may weaken the tunnel and when a guy is stuck if you have to dig the exhaust out its a bit harder to get under to the track, but aside from that looks like a pretty good idea.

D

Dock

Dec 4, 2007
Langley BC
Another question that I have for you guys that run turbos. How much extra fuel do you use in a day? I pack 2 spare skidoo gas tanks with me every day, and about twice a year I will run completely out of fuel. I strapped 2 5 gals to the back one time but that was just too much weight :)

chad006

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2015
I generally pack the single doo aux. can with my turbo. I can see packing 5 gallons, but 30 gallons in a day is a little crazy. i haven't noticed a huge difference in fuel consumption from a N.A. Etec to boosted. Don't need to be taped all the time like a stocker.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
A GOOD question to ask before buying a turbo for these brand new sleds that are just now showing up in the consumers hands...with consumer tuning compared to the different tune, at BRPs admission, for the few validation-sleds that were pre-released.

These kits, which for our intents and purposes, are still in 'beta phase testing IMO...

The question for the kit builder that is ready to ship a final product to the buyer...
How much actual on-snow and dyno time do they have on a consumer sled?
How many installs on different sleds were those tests based on?

There are great turbo-klt mfgs out there with LOTS of experience in design/mfg of kits... NO DOUBT... but this is an ALL NEW sled & Engine... and some buyers will, by definition be testers/validators this season for the kit maker.:face-icon-small-sho

Ponder that :face-icon-small-con in your consideration of "If and when" you will turbo your G4.

If u read the original post. The he is putting it on is a 15 800 etec

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Boy.. I feel dumb now :face-icon-small-blu....I missed the "2015" part.

Thanks for clarifying (sincerely).

Good to ask how many on the snow then?

200 sold units with 5 problems reported is not the same as 20 sold units with 5 problems reported.

Last edited:

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi
Another question that I have for you guys that run turbos. How much extra fuel do you use in a day? I pack 2 spare skidoo gas tanks with me every day, and about twice a year I will run completely out of fuel. I strapped 2 5 gals to the back one time but that was just too much weight :)

I run a 3.5 gallon BRP aux can and I've rarely used it. Fuel consumption is the same roughly. I know for where we ride I wouldn't be able to go through 2 of them, out west or in the UP

Premium Features