• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You only live once....I went to the dealer to look at a hold over 16 f350 just to see what kinda deal they would offer......drove away in a 17 f350... 2 hours later... woops.
57ed206f58e2f33155dee5990516ba05.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So.
I just took it out for a Test Drive.
Damn...
That IS one SWEEEEEEET truck.
It has LOADS of power and drives soooooo nice.

What really struck me was just how TIGHT the truck was.
Everything about seemed well assembled and "Snug".

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
So.
I just took it out for a Test Drive.
Damn...
That IS one SWEEEEEEET truck.
It has LOADS of power and drives soooooo nice.

What really struck me was just how TIGHT the truck was.
Everything about seemed well assembled and "Snug".

I've never bought a truck that didn't feel that way. And I've NEVER bought a brand new truck. I can't believe anyone would buy a brand new truck off the lot that had a "loose, un assembled". Feel.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I've never bought a truck that didn't feel that way. And I've NEVER bought a brand new truck. I can't believe anyone would buy a brand new truck off the lot that had a "loose, un assembled". Feel.
Ya, I know what you are saying.
Nevertheless, there was just something about it going over bumps and potholes that felt tight to me.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Ya, I know what you are saying.
Nevertheless, there was just something about it going over bumps and potholes that felt tight to me.

This is very simple to explain......You showed up in a 10+ old truck with a ton of miles on it before hoping into the newer rig.

Two weeks ago I went from a 13 year old truck with 230,000 miles that was still in good shape and ran perfect. To a 3 year old truck with 70,000 miles and I felt the same way. It's amazing how used to the truck we drive we get and then you hope into something newer and it feels super tight. Needless to say I now drive the newer truck.......And picked it up for a bit less then the 50% down you want to have for your new one. :face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-sho It blows my mind how expensive a brand new truck is. But if you can write it off it sure helps.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is very simple to explain......You showed up in a 10+ old truck with a ton of miles on it before hoping into the newer rig.

Two weeks ago I went from a 13 year old truck with 230,000 miles that was still in good shape and ran perfect. To a 3 year old truck with 70,000 miles and I felt the same way. It's amazing how used to the truck we drive we get and then you hope into something newer and it feels super tight. Needless to say I now drive the newer truck.......And picked it up for a bit less then the 50% down you want to have for your new one. :face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-sho It blows my mind how expensive a brand new truck is. But if you can write it off it sure helps.
Could be just as simple as that.
But I still liked the rig a whole lot and plan on ordering one of them !!

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
They definitely don't drive like I would have thought a solid front axle truck should drive. We use an 11 duramax truck at the shop and I thought my new Ford drove just as nice as that did when it was new. My previous work truck did have over 270k on it and she was beat. I can say that I am glad I didn't really push harder to get a deal on the holdover 16. To me the new truck just feels solid on the road. My truck is just an XL truck with most of the options available in that package, I would imagine that the fancy 80k trucks might "feel" even nicer when driving them since they have so many more creature comforts available.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com

When I was looking at used trucks I started having a hard time justifying paying 30 to 35k for a truck that had 70 to 100k miles on it. Don't get me wrong the cost of a new one is insane but I honestly couldn't be happier with the my decision to buy new.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
When I was looking at used trucks I started having a hard time justifying paying 30 to 35k for a truck that had 70 to 100k miles on it. Don't get me wrong the cost of a new one is insane but I honestly couldn't be happier with the my decision to buy new.

I could see it really depending too on the miles you put on it. I would guess your truck gets used for your business (write off maybe?) and I bet you put on a lot more miles a year on then I do so to start with that high of miles might be a lot. I'm kind of a sticker for a fully loaded truck so the XL type truck wont work for me. With two dogs that travel with me a ton and shed like crazy having the leather interior is a must. The dealer had a 2016 that was identical (color, options, everything) to the 2012 I bough at the time. I test drove both and while the 2016 had a bit more new car smell there was nothing that it had that would justify the extra $28,000 in price. But in fairness I was looking at Ram 2500 trucks and that is not a new redesigned truck for the new model year.

I might feel different about it also if I was financing a truck. If I was looking at payment amounts a few bucks might not matter (or a couple hundred). But we pay cash for our vehicles so it's much easier for me to justify writing a $29,000 check vs a $56,000 check when both trucks are going to do the same thing for me.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
I could see it really depending too on the miles you put on it. I would guess your truck gets used for your business (write off maybe?) and I bet you put on a lot more miles a year on then I do so to start with that high of miles might be a lot. I'm kind of a sticker for a fully loaded truck so the XL type truck wont work for me. With two dogs that travel with me a ton and shed like crazy having the leather interior is a must. The dealer had a 2016 that was identical (color, options, everything) to the 2012 I bough at the time. I test drove both and while the 2016 had a bit more new car smell there was nothing that it had that would justify the extra $28,000 in price. But in fairness I was looking at Ram 2500 trucks and that is not a new redesigned truck for the new model year.

I might feel different about it also if I was financing a truck. If I was looking at payment amounts a few bucks might not matter (or a couple hundred). But we pay cash for our vehicles so it's much easier for me to justify writing a $29,000 check vs a $56,000 check when both trucks are going to do the same thing for me.
Can't argue with ya there. Yeah I use it for business for sure. I looked at a platinum truck and it was amazing but I can't justify spending that kind of money on a truck. That and my dog would be dead if he got inside my truck..haha. I will also plan on keeping this truck until it's smoked as well.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I will also plan on keeping this truck until it's smoked as well.

Been driving my F250 XL since I bought it new in 2005.
REALLY WISH I had bought a nicer model 11 years ago, I might very well NOT be interesting in parting with it. My previous truck gave me 17 years of service!

Plan on doing the same with the new one..

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Been driving my F250 XL since I bought it new in 2005.
REALLY WISH I had bought a nicer model 11 years ago, I might very well NOT be interesting in parting with it. My previous truck gave me 17 years of service!

Plan on doing the same with the new one..
I had a couple mid 2000s F150 in XLT trim trucks a few years ago and my XL has more in it than those 2 trucks did. Options wise mine is basically an XLT...just 10gs less. I was hard pressed to price an XLT truck with what I wanted under 58k.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I went and sat inside an XL today.
It was pretty nice, heated mirrors, power windows and nice bucket seats. I didn't know it was an XL till the owner told me, i had to get out and look at the fender because i didn't believe him.

It seems the back seat has more legroom than last year's crew cab.

GS6

Premium Features