• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 Venture Lite Reverse issue

Bought this off a buddy last Spring w only 750 miles on it. He had reverse problems several years ago, but was supposed to be fixed by dealer. As you can tell from mileage it has sat a lot. Finally getting some snow here in Fairbanks & I can't reverse to do a damn thing. Only thing I know to check is fuse & it's good. Dealer keeps telling me it needs to be shimmed somewhere to work, but not having any luck finding where this shimming needs to take place & really don't want to pay them an hours shop time for something that sounds pretty simple. Anybody know where & how this little sensor is what is spec? Thanks!

C
Nov 29, 2008
Phazers seemed to have a few minor reverse issues ...
belt change was one of the fixes - there can be no load on the shaft when trying to engage the reverse solenoid and the original 07 belts were changed out. Likewise i seem to recall that there was a shim kit for the secondary clutch that helps.

On our 07 mountains, we often have to "bounce" or "rock" them to unload the secondary and then they go into reverse and they both had the updates done.

Premium Features