• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 MTX Powerclaw with Avid Drivers???

Q

quadtrac

Feb 27, 2009
Im changing out the track on my 08 MTX Nytro and have heard everybody say that Avid drivers are the only way to go especially on a boosted sled. So I ordered the new drivers and got the track and axle shaft pulled out. When I looked at the old drivers it looks like they will still have much more pull on the track because they drive on the center lugs and in the windows of the track. How are these Avids supposed to only pull through the track windows and the inner lugs next to it? Im confused!

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
oh yes, you have the powerclaw which only has the large drive nubs on the inside with the tiny ones on the outside. i believe avid makes a special offset driver for this very reason. you might want to check with him and see which ones you got.

Q

quadtrac

Feb 27, 2009
ya I just bought the normal ones cause he said I could just cut off the small nubs on the track, still dont see why these would be better than stock which has the drivers that pull in the center of the track to

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
The big difference is that the stock drivers will spin on the shaft, this is why everyone upgrades to the avid drivers. They are stronger all the way around. As for clipping the track, I believe you clip off every other nub.

Q

quadtrac

Feb 27, 2009
So then the Avids will only be pulling on the track windows? Not sure I want to put all of the power on just that one point on the track

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
That is the strongest part of the track by far. The windows are where the horizontal backer rods go through the track. You can put all the power you want to them. They are made to take all of the power.

apex jeff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
columbia falls mt
Not trying to "diss" your powerclaw but, if it was'nt good enough for the cat that it got pulled off of why use it? I'm guessing the price was right. IMHO the C.E. will be worth the investment or the new ascent. Just seems like a lotta nub cuttin and ????????.

Jeff

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Not trying to "diss" your powerclaw but, if it was'nt good enough for the cat that it got pulled off of why use it? I'm guessing the price was right. IMHO the C.E. will be worth the investment or the new ascent. Just seems like a lotta nub cuttin and ????????.

Jeff

Different strokes for different folks? There is a lot of us who run a PC and are happy with it. When I got mine it had 50 break in miles on it, and was less than half the price of a new track. I'm not trying to argue, just saying some of us are happy with running a PC and saving some money while doing it.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Different strokes for different folks? There is a lot of us who run a PC and are happy with it. When I got mine it had 50 break in miles on it, and was less than half the price of a new track. I'm not trying to argue, just saying some of us are happy with running a PC and saving some money while doing it.

I run an Attack 20, probably has the second worst rating out there, only being beat by the maverick. Anything is better than the maverick and I noticed a HUGE improvement with my track. Bought it brand new for 200 bucks...hard to beat! :)

Premium Features