• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pros & cons of exhaust wrap

ridgeclimber

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Ridge B.C.
What do you guy's think of wrapping the pipe with the exhaust wrap to keep the under hood temps down? I have wrapped the pipe from the turbo down to the tunnel because it was close to the plastic chain case cover that I have since changed. But I was thinking about wrapping the pipe starting close to the Y pipe and continue to the turbo. I was reading on line that some people say it will shorten the life of the pipe. Do you think it would effect the tuning of the fuel system and the turbo? Or should a guy just get it ceramic coated? Or just more vents? Just trying to plan my summer projects.

I wrapped the pipe on mine - it seems to work pretty well. The fiberglass insulation was coming out of my pipe shield and making a mess of my engine compartment, so I had to remove it. Once I did that I had to do something to keep the pipe from melting everything. I have thought about the ceramic coating, but the wrap is working for me right now so I am going to stick with it.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
You HAVE to get the wrap wet first and then pull it tight when applying it. After it dries, spary it with Pipe Wrap Spray that helps seal it. Then it works good!!

P1010014.jpg

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
i did the same as anthony mine is working good. even if you get ur pipe ceramic coated it will still be alot hotter than the wrap

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
header wrap works great no real tuning problems . like said before get the wrap wet then wrap pipe when done let dry then use stove black paint and paint the wrap last longer than there spray and keeps from making mess under hood good luck

Premium Features