• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 pro with silberflooding out

F

Fiddy

Dec 17, 2007
remsen iowa
I put on used silber turbo so I did a top end on it So it would be fresh and now it floods cylinders . Any ideas. The ecu were the same color buy the way

Last edited:

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Check for a pinched return fuel line since you just had things apart. It will increase fuel pressure and over fuel.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
If your setup has a fuel controller (some Silbers did) then that is what can happen when a fuel controller goes bad. If not a fuel controller setup then I would put a known functional stock ECU into it and see if that works, just to start and idle for a short time to test, it would not do any harm. If this setup has the added fuel injectors I would take them out of the equation somehow too, just to get a baseline idle going. Injectors can stick too though the timing is suspect that it happened at just this time... Could be a stator issue too, but again the timing is unlikely (but possible)...

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Check for a pinched return fuel line since you just had things apart. It will increase fuel pressure and over fuel.

Just a couple other possibilities:

Verify you have good grounds. I've seen minor corrosion at the wad of brown wires at the bumper tabs cause weird issues cause flooding. Take apart, wire brush and clean.

Also check for shorted injector wire(s).

You didn't take the fuel regulator in the injector housing apart when you did top end by chance?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
No didn’t touch regulator. Just put the new injectors in that came with turbo

You know a quick test would be to either swap out the injectors with stock, this will tell you if you have a stuck open injector.

OR

Swap with another ECM. They will still start up and idle with stock mapped ECM and/or injectors.

At least get you going to be able to rule out something.

F

Fiddy

Dec 17, 2007
remsen iowa
Thanks everyone . The problem was the ground took it loose sanded it up good and she come a live. Did a couple grass pulls running good thanks again

Premium Features