• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Center shock spring

blown addiction

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pocatello
So re-visiting the discussion here. I am working at replacing the center spring and had a couple questions to seek some input.

I have a stock spring- too light I know for me
I have the dual rate spring from Yamaha that I rode last year seemed OK but still bottomed on occasion-

I have looked on line and found Eibach makes an 8" and 10"

Here is my question, I have a spring compressor and the stock center shock is about 9 5/8" from top to bottom of the spring retainers if you back the retainer all the way out. I am considering using a 10" spring with a 175Lb/inch rate

I figure that having the spring already under a slight tension to fit it on the shock will help but should keep the spring soft enough to not become too stiff

Does my reasoning seem correct? Or should I go with the 8" and a heavy weight and tighten up the retainer ring?

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
The 175 should be fine. I put a 160 in my sled and have it cranked up a bit to keep the sled a little more nimble. If you have a 1/2 inch preload on the 10" spring you should be fine, and have plenty of adjustment if you need or want to add more.

Let us know how it feels!

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
The length and coil diameter and amount of coils are important. After much testing I finally had a spring that I designed made in Texas and have sold for the last year. Over 400 sold and not a complaint. Similar to Zbroz 160 but with a few upgrades to rebound. $69.00 stingraymods.com

Premium Features