• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats the reliability like with a Etec turbo on pump gas?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hey guys, So from what I'm seeing, the etec has been a pretty good strive for ski doo in reliability and longevity of their 2 stroke engine. How is it for turbo'ing? How many K have guys gone before a overhaul?

Im thinking to ditch my yami for a doo turbo, I don't expect the long term reliability like the 4 stroke has, but considering I'm lucky to put 1k km on my sled in a winter, if I can get 4 or 5 winters out of it trouble free before having to do preventative maintenance and put a new crank in and pistons I'd be more than happy with it.

Last edited:

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
we have customers with over 4000 miles no rebuild and we also have people that put a new set of pistons in every 1500 miles for cheap insurance.
the etec have been a good sled to turbo as long as you get the correct component parts. rock it you will have fun. :face-icon-small-hap

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
we have customers with over 4000 miles no rebuild and we also have people that put a new set of pistons in every 1500 miles for cheap insurance.
the etec have been a good sled to turbo as long as you get the correct component parts. rock it you will have fun. :face-icon-small-hap

Good to know, How about crank's, if they do 1500 miles for pistons, anybody done a crank yet? or do they just keep on going and going?

Premium Features