• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo issues

T
Jan 18, 2016
Hey guys just installed my silber turbo kit this weekend. Having issues with the tuning. Inhave it on my 15 freeride. Its the older style kit with the adjustable wastegate. Its breaking up really bad up top ill be cruising along at 3 psi of boost, afr gauge at 13 or 14. Anything of that the boost comes up to 5 or 6 and the afr gauge goes to 22 and it breaks up. Any thoughts. Also i have my max boost fuel and min boost fuel at level 8 i cant go any higher to get extra fuel.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I would guess it is your Dobeck box. Are you running one with the pressure sensor in the box itself or does it have a separate sensor that sends info to the box via wire instead of the pressure line?

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Does it start to richen up coming into boost?

I'd guess it's either a lean misfire from not enough fuel, either a bad control box or something hooked up wrong, or blowing out spark from your plugs being gapped too much. Gap the plugs down to .020" and verify if it's getting the fuel or not.

T
Jan 18, 2016
No pressure line going to the dobeck box only the bosch 3 bar sensor. It starts to richen up for sure with the midrange fuel, cause if i set it to come on just off idle and turn the fuel up it will drop my afr down to 11 or 12. I will pull the plugs out tonight set the gap at 20 see if that helps. Any chance the bar sensor isn't reading correctly. If it is my dobeck box any choices out there to replace it.

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
Former silber set up owner on a 15 t3 NEVER ran right no matter what settings a tried. I own an auto repair shop that has also built several race cars from a clapped out drift car to turbo lotus's and m3's. i know how to tune turbos. the silber set up is crap and they refuse to pull them back or attempt to fix them.

Nov 26, 2016
What's you pin weight in your primary clutch? Mine ran like **** on my 16 XRS until I upped the pin weight well beyond the recommended settings. Now it pulls smooth and like a freight train

HDTECH

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
w.c. mn
I have the same issue ran fine last year except for going through 5 coils. Runs fine going into boost but then leans out. More notable on 3rd or 4th stab at throttle.
altitude does not change how it acts. any help?? has bosch map sensor. :face-icon-small-sad

T
Jan 18, 2016
Thanks guys for you help, got the sled running, running 23 grams for pin weitht in the primary running 6-7 psi of boost 50/50 pump to 110. Ended up taking the junk dobeck fuel controller off and removing the silber turbo wiring kit. Got a redline g2 fuel controller with the help of bryce at turbo performance, after talking to dave at redline. Bryce pre loaded a map in it plugged back in all my factory connectors and plugged the new redline controller into the secondary injectors tapped into the coil wire, fired the sled up and didnt have to touch a thing. Sled runs like a beast, at low elevation its a real arm ripper.. :face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features