• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 Vector Mtn SE (Parts identification and purpose)

S
Dec 18, 2008
Laramie, Wyoming
Well this past weekend I smashed in to a rock with the Vector. The plastic front of the nose cone popped in and was touching a small box with fins about the size of a pack of cigarrettes. The box itself does not seem damaged but one of the connectors on it is smoked. There are two. One with two wires, one black one red. The other is a three wire plug all white wires.

The sled seems to run fine but this box obviously isn't communicating with anything due to the damage. What is it's function? I can't seem to find anything effected even when it is unhooked.

Thanks,

S
Dec 18, 2008
Laramie, Wyoming
Found an online microfiche of the sled. Seems the part is the rectifier and regulator assembly. From what I gather both the plugs and wires run back to the magneto/stator. Am I correct?

In this case it is a part that plays a role in keeping the battery charged?

So this explains my weekend pains. Hit the rock, rode another two hours, turned the sled off to get my wife unstuck, sled would not start due to dead battery, fouled the plugs, towed back to the trailer until further diagnosis to prevent further damage.

Am I on the right track?

Premium Features