• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any places to ride yet?

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
hey anyone know any places to ride? even if its summer snow. has anyone ridden whittier? also any info on petersville snow depth... thanks

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
how much snow is in hatcher pass? which side can you ride early? also, does anyone know how much snow is in petersville area? a few days ago i know they got about 8 inches

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
1st "lowland" freeze- Oct 1ish

1st "lowland" snow- always around Halloween

Should be able to get in an early "fall" ride in Oct or early Nov. Its never much more than just getting out and wasting gas or tunning. Still, its snow. :D

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
on the kenai peninsula theres about 5 inches of snow above 2000 feet around the last/carter lake area. anyone know about hatchers?

P
Feb 15, 2008
hatchers requires 30inches to ride every where which is around november december on avarage id say but ive heard of early riding there in early november and mabey late october

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
We just got back last night from about a week long "End of season" Camping trip (Thanks Sarah Palin for the energy rebate);).
We drove to Seward & hiked up Lost lake trail (Fireman's) no snow & raining, little snow up top.
Kenai & Soldotna dusting up top.
Hope, no hope for snow yet. Dusting up top
Drove up to Fairbanks, just dusting & light snow on the way. It did snow about 2" on Sat night in town, but melted.
Chena Hot springs, just dusting up top.
Took the long way home towards Delta almost hit some Caribou, still no snow to ride.
Glennallen, Eureka, just dusting up high. Gun sight was about half way down:)
Boulder, Puritan creek just dusting up high. Nice new sections of road, but I wonder what stage Hicks creek will be when they stop this year??
Over all a good trip, lesson learned this trip was 8 mpg motor home is just the start of an expensive riding season coming up. We got home last night.
Sorry so long, just wanted to give anyone interested a snow update.

A
Sep 20, 2008
Hey trav what do you do on your paving crew.....I turn screws for pruhs const....seen you on here alot never new you were a paver.....you must know scott(great guy/great paver)

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
You dont want to know what he does for the paving crew....can you say "morale paver?"...he he he

J/K

Hey Trav, You gonna be at the drill this weekend? We need to ride together this year, as I am in need of some "Morale"

later

Joe

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Looking good............:D

ANCHORAGE
Friday... Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain showers...mixed with snow in the morning. Highs in the 40s. Light winds.

Friday Night... Cloudy with a chance of rain and snow showers. Lows in the 30s.

I must have perfected my snow dance its working this year!!!!

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Not quite, it was supposed to be that way all week and nothing but clear skies so far. I must admit Ive been doing the sun dance to keep the bike out a few more days haha.

A
Mar 13, 2008
anchorage
snowing in tok!

i'm out in tok working on the denali gas pipeline and due to heavy snow we will be shutting ground work down for the season! It's snowed 2-3inches and is still coming down! I drove through Glennallen yesterday and there was 6 inches of fresh~Heres the 24 hour forecast for paxson-summit lake! Sounds like snow may go north of anchorage this year which is good for us eureka lovers!

Today...Snow developing this morning. Snow will become mixed with rain southeast of glennallen this afternoon. Local areas of light freezing rain possible. Snow accumulations of 3 to 7 inches. Highs in the 30s. North wind 5 to 15 mph.

Tonight...Snow...mixed with rain in the evening. Snow will diminish after midnight. Local areas of light freezing rain possible in the evening. Additional snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches. Storm total snow accumulations of 5 to 11 inches. Lows in the mid 20s to lower 30s. Variable wind 10 mph.

Premium Features