• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Larger Grips

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Grips went on super easy and they are really sticky/slightly fatter. Thanks for the insight folks! I can't wait to try them out.
Let's us know your thoughts on the heat output. Me personally I couldn't handle the cold hands part but loved the grips.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Let's us know your thoughts on the heat output. Me personally I couldn't handle the cold hands part but loved the grips.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Will do. I usually don't go above halfway on my heaters and they are off the majority of the day. I only use them for the first 20 min or so and if my Klim windstopper gloves get soaked which happens pretty often. Standing all day seems to keep me pretty warm.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Doo grips loose their grip, depending on gloves used. Some gloves turn them into plastic. Not rubber.
If you are looking at a thin grip, Polaris IQR grips are amazing. Almost like grabbing glue. Sold long for the IQR hooks, you can trim them to length.

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
Is there only one option from odi?

I'd bet that any of the non-lock-on style grips would work but the longer BMX grips will work better than the shorter mountain bike or ATV grips. They might be a bit of a tighter fit to get over the heating elements and you might have to lose the cork insulation to do it but with enough persuasion they'll go. :face-icon-small-hap

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
ordered a set on amazon, I'll post an update when I get them on.

Got a ride in with the new ODIs and they are pretty damn nice. So sticky and I like the increased coverage. I trimmed the grips but went as far in as I could... Really like the fatter grip too. I usually wear XL/XXL gloves and the grips feel much better than stock.

N
Dec 18, 2012
Bothell, Wa
Got a ride in with the new ODIs and they are pretty damn nice. So sticky and I like the increased coverage. I trimmed the grips but went as far in as I could... Really like the fatter grip too. I usually wear XL/XXL gloves and the grips feel much better than stock.

Whats the best way to get the old ones off and the new ones on?

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Whats the best way to get the old ones off and the new ones on?

I cut the stock ones off. No adhesive between the grips and heaters. Used a utility knife to score where I planned to cut, lift the seam along the score line and finish the cut with the knife.

As others said compressed air does the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features