• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA MtnPro Tunnel Bag on the 850

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Ha all,

Thought I'd share this setup. While I love the Linq system and a good watertight bag, I wasn't thrilled about the BRP tunnel bag offerings for my new 850. I ride with my little girl a lot, so there's lots of gloves, water bottles, sandwiches, crackers, etc. Having it all being pounded around a single compartment wouldn't work, and I'd like to have external shovel storage.

The BCA MtnPro tunnel bag has all of that, except its mounting system won't work well with the new 850 tunnel cooling design. I wanted this bag, but with all the Linq features.

So I came up with this approach. I'm using the White Out Technologies Aluminum Rack with heavy duty braces. I replaced the plastic plate that comes with the bag with a full-length aluminum plate. Rather than the straps, I used stainless steel screws. The plate was then screwed to the White Out rack. The White Out rack can be moved forward or back on the Linq brackets, so there's still room to adjust its position should I carry a gas can or other Linq bag. Together the price is about the same as the new 21L BRP bag, and I think the end result is a bit more verstatile.

pkQOyISb.jpg

NAcCEaFb.jpg

M6kTCSrb.jpg

Mg3Wme1b.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
HUGE photos. They take up two of my screens.

I wish I could have a raised mount for my 213 Polaris so I can get snow to the cooler underneath the BCA tunnel bag.

AWESOME looking set up there.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Your pictures are INSANELY LARGE and even with my 30" monitors I can only see half of them.

You might want to consider DOWNSIZING them to no more than 1280 width.

Interesting, as most boards these days auto-scale image links. This must either be a browser issue, as they showed up fine on both Tapatalk on Android and Chrome in Win10, or a vBulletin version issue (looks like Snowest is still on version 3.8.4). I've updated the post with scaled down imgur URL's. They're now quite tiny for those with 30" screens.

Last edited:

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Good set up. Saw something similar on DooTalk. Only problem is the cost. $150 + $30 + $80 + This and that + shipping. I took a different approach and built a plate out of 1/2" black HDPE plastic sheet. Drilled tons of holes in it to reduce weight. Sanded the edges, routered it clean and torched it smooth. Bolted it to the sled using the Linq holes and the other marked drill points. Bridged it on some plastic spacers to clear the center conduit. Bolted the BCA bag directly to it. Looks super clean and strong as heck. Although it doesn't remove like a linq, I have no intention to remove it. My total cost was $142 including all new SS fasteners, HDPE sheet, spacers and BCA bag..

Last edited:

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Update on the BCA bag. Used it for the first time. Conditions were wet snow. Notice everything inside was getting damp. Loaded up and went home. Left it outside in the wet snow and rain over night. Woke up and it was full of water. Even the "waterproof compartment". Not happy. And yes the zipper was closed. Sent BCA a note on it but its not a bag to use in wet climates. Very disappointed. Back to the $40 Snobungee bag that never leaks.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Interesting, as most boards these days auto-scale image links. This must either be a browser issue, as they showed up fine on both Tapatalk on Android and Chrome in Win10, or a vBulletin version issue (looks like Snowest is still on version 3.8.4). I've updated the post with scaled down imgur URL's. They're now quite tiny for those with 30" screens.
Those auto-sizing limits are in place and I have NO idea why your photos were allowed to come in a full high res. Gorgious pics, but they required a 5k monitor to see them.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Update on the BCA bag. Used it for the first time. Conditions were wet snow. Notice everything inside was getting damp. Loaded up and went home. Left it outside in the wet snow and rain over night. Woke up and it was full of water. Even the "waterproof compartment". Not happy. And yes the zipper was closed. Sent BCA a note on it but its not a bag to use in wet climates. Very disappointed. Back to the $40 Snobungee bag that never leaks.

Dang
That is NOT good news at all.

Please let us know what BCA has to say in reply, would ya.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've had some "moistness" inside mine, but never standing water.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I filled mine with water and it leaks out of just about every stitch and seam. More out of the zippers. Not a word yet from BCA.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I filled mine with water and it leaks out of just about every stitch and seam. More out of the zippers. Not a word yet from BCA.

Makes we want to get out the silicone spray that I put on my Danners for hunting.

T

Trailsweeper

Jan 16, 2013
Bummer, this is the bag I was going to try.

So what else is out there that has a shovel holder? The Skidoo one that has multiple reports of wetting out. or the Sled Solutions which is $225+. Might have to pony up the extra bucks.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Man, this is a big bummer. I'd expected better water resistance from the fabric, given the hard rubber bottom. I noticed the dry bag compartment leaked air, but slowly. But if water goes through the zippers or liners, man...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Now I can barely see them. Lol
They are like thumbnails.

Ha all,

Thought I'd share this setup. While I love the Linq system and a good watertight bag, I wasn't thrilled about the BRP tunnel bag offerings for my new 850. I ride with my little girl a lot, so there's lots of gloves, water bottles, sandwiches, crackers, etc. Having it all being pounded around a single compartment wouldn't work, and I'd like to have external shovel storage.

The BCA MtnPro tunnel bag has all of that, except its mounting system won't work well with the new 850 tunnel cooling design. I wanted this bag, but with all the Linq features.

So I came up with this approach. I'm using the White Out Technologies Aluminum Rack with heavy duty braces. I replaced the plastic plate that comes with the bag with a full-length aluminum plate. Rather than the straps, I used stainless steel screws. The plate was then screwed to the White Out rack. The White Out rack can be moved forward or back on the Linq brackets, so there's still room to adjust its position should I carry a gas can or other Linq bag. Together the price is about the same as the new 21L BRP bag, and I think the end result is a bit more verstatile.

pkQOyISb.jpg

NAcCEaFb.jpg

M6kTCSrb.jpg

Mg3Wme1b.jpg

Premium Features