• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IDD Loading Issues Thru Rider X

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Anyone having issues downloading the Snow Trail & map??
Just got 3 Axys in ( including mine) and downloaded from the RiderX .com
Problem is the files are not EXE. files.. but image files- and the sled no like that . IDD gives us an error-
Tried differend USB drives- and have plenty of room on them/ and there is nothing on them but the download from Rider X/
Local dealer is no help either:face-icon-small-con

Wonder if anyone else is having issues- ??:face-icon-small-blu

I wanted to load the Snow Trails & map first as it is a once a season - and then load the trails updates every 90 day's

What are we missing?:biggrin1:

S/C

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Yes-
Files were unzipped.
and use the USA as the country- 15 minutes to download- save it to a file opened the file, That is where I saw the map and trails, but in an image format and not the EXE format as per the IDD directions.
Tried it on a different computer also-
Was just wondering if I missed a step or something..

429dhm

Sep 29, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I opened up my USB when I did the download. They are indeed ".img" files. Maybe they are corrupt?
I did the entire download including the firmware update with no issues.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Are you able to load custom img files? I'm assuming you can only load the trails and that is it, right?

No all the files ( 2 of them) map's and trails and the trails- img files and the sled shows an error/
I tried to load either with no luck

When I open the zipped folder, both files are wanting to burn off a cd.. not making much sense to me either.
Polaris tld me to email Rider X as it is their software, so trying that route.. Dunno what's up but open to any assistance ...

S/C

429dhm

Sep 29, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I recently did the October trail update, and I also received an error message to call "authorized service department"

What I had to do was install the base map file (includes firmware, trails, and base map) and the IDD started working again.

The file is quite large 3.5 Gigs so it takes time to download and upload so make sure your battery is in good shape. If you don't have an battery it will be idling for a very long time and probably overheat.

I will be doing the large download every time now.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I received a call from Rider X after sending them an email- and yes they are having some issues with operating systems downloading properly from their web.
What I found out is as per the IDD manual that came with the sled is that you are supposed to extract the EXE file and transfer as stated ..but when you open the zipped file there are non that are EXE.

What the norm now until they figure everything out is once you open the zip file select ALL the files ( yep the image files also) and load them into your USB and follow the instructions for uploading them into the IDD..

Worked flawlessly on all 4 sleds here in my shop today !

Problem solved............:wine:

Thanks for all the input guy's- and I hope that if others have issues, this will assist in resolving them.

S/C

bobgrmkpro

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Bismarck, ND
www.wfadvisors.com
Anyone having issues downloading the Snow Trail & map??
Just got 3 Axys in ( including mine) and downloaded from the RiderX .com
Problem is the files are not EXE. files.. but image files- and the sled no like that . IDD gives us an error-
Tried differend USB drives- and have plenty of room on them/ and there is nothing on them but the download from Rider X/
Local dealer is no help either:face-icon-small-con

Wonder if anyone else is having issues- ??:face-icon-small-blu

I wanted to load the Snow Trails & map first as it is a once a season - and then load the trails updates every 90 day's

What are we missing?:biggrin1:

S/C
My dealer is updating my IDD and installing it on my new RMK PRO in the next few days. He said they had the latest map / trails loaded and have updated other IDD's so far. Don't know where or how he got the update but that tells us it is out there.

Premium Features