• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

And I thought the Ski Doo guys were a bunch of cry babies, guess I was wrong

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Like the title says.

I have done nothing but shake my head every time I have logged into this site since the big 2012 Proclimb debut.

The sad part about it....there has been more heated complaining about this new chassis than there has been about riding closures and other more important things that affect this sport we love so much. Its like a bunch of 3 year olds who got a yellow fire truck for Christmas instead of a red one. Unbelievable and extraordinary, those, among others, are the words that come to mind lately.

I also love how people can take a test ride with nothing but a photo now! Is there an app on the iphone that makes this possible? If you have been able to do this can you pass on the secret so others can take a test ride with a photo or video they have of the new sleds?

Weight complaints....
Honestly, I am happy riding a 470 LB sled. Aside from building all of the components from titanium or chromoly, I think we are about as light as we are going to get without sacrificing the durability of the machine. I had friends in the revy avy last year and the sleds which faired the worst were the XP's, the best, Yamaha. To come down on Cat for not lightening the sled into oblivion is a mistake I believe. They built a great sled with the M and I am confident that the proclimb will be the same, even if it is not 430 lbs.

Polaris Pro.....
I finally had a chance to ride the Polaris Pro chassis, feels like a dragon, very vertical and standupish, doesn't handle as well as I thought it would based on what I have read about them. My M8 lays over and holds a side hill easier and more stabile than the Polaris Pro, especially with harder packed snow. The other comments of the Polaris Pro about how it gets up on the snow are true, very nice set up in that regard and the steering is extremely light, it may as well have power steering, very nice!

Can we just wait until we ride this sled and not pass judgment on it based on photos and video footage? Its truly embarrassing and if you can perform a test ride via a photo or a video than please let me know. I can send you a video and some pictures of my rectum and you could perform a colonoscopy for me.

Premium Features