• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NO DEMO RIDES!!

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
If they are not letting the general public take them on a ride they are making a HUGE mistake. I thought both Polaris and Doo have done an excellent job in allowing the general public take them for a spin and report there feedback over the last few years. I can personally say that in 07' when they lauched the XP 2 out the 4 guys in the group bought new sleds solely on the ride reports I sent them from dootalk and snowest. Last year we had two other guys, long time doo guys, buy PRO's RMK based on the ride reports from the spring. I was even considering getting one, I have been riding doo's my whole life, if the ride reports came in solid. What are they thinking!

We are in an error of new media. We have instant access to real reports, videos, reviews etc. The error of trusting magazines and dealer reviews is LONG gone. I would say not having the general public getting there feedback in an age when it is expected does way more harm than good. What are you trying to hide? In this day in age I am going to buy a new sled who do I ask... the dealer or magazine article or YOU!

Cheers
Shawn

M

MGM

Dec 2, 2007
Southern Idaho
If true this has to be the biggest rookie move on cat's part I've ever seen. Did they really not learn a single thing from what Polaris did last spring with the demo rides, viral videos, ect? BIG MISTAKE Myself and many others I know bought based on the overwhelming amount of positive feedback those reviews gave! What a disgrace!

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
Even though I'm a Poo guys I'd like to read the reports too. Maybe they simply don't enough sleds finished yet? I don't know what the reasons are but it's a buzz kill for sure.

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
I dont think I will buy one without a demo but my 2010 only has 500 miles on it I will look at a purchase in the spring when they are 9- 10g

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
I would dare bet that no demo rides doesn't hurt the snow check of the 4 stroke but why would anyone buy a new 800 when you have no idea if it's better or worse then the M8/M1000 you have. If I wasn't a Cat fan there would not be a chance I would jump ship from the pro or xp onto something that isn't proven. Cat lost a lot of faithful riders to the Pro this year and they sure aren't going to get any back without a demo.

D

dun2rider

Nov 23, 2009
Northern Utah
Just confirmed NO demo rides with my arctic cat dealer. ARCTIC CAT!!! What are you thinking????? Polaris snow checked more sleds last year than cat can even dream of and the reason they did so?? DEMO rides! Consumers want seat time!:face-icon-small-fro IMO AC has some serious issues to work out from a business standpoint. They are continually forcing to much inventory on dealers and making stupid marketing mistakes. My dealer also said that they want them to have 25% of their inventory be 4 stroke. Ridiculous.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I would dare bet that no demo rides doesn't hurt the snow check of the 4 stroke but why would anyone buy a new 800 when you have no idea if it's better or worse then the M8/M1000 you have. If I wasn't a Cat fan there would not be a chance I would jump ship from the pro or xp onto something that isn't proven. Cat lost a lot of faithful riders to the Pro this year and they sure aren't going to get any back without a demo.

Losing another one. Unless this thing blows me away tommorrow, at the expo, I am ordering a pro. I've been waiting for this and if there is no demo I'm not buying.

D

duc848

Dec 3, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
Big mistake to not have a demo fleet out there so we can ride them. That is the reason the PRO is so succesful for Polaris.

Maybe someday Cat will step out the 90's and get it right.

E
Nov 28, 2007
WESTERN SLOPE
Cat won't Demo any sleds....... They are afraid if they do that "because of the heavy sleds they have unfortunately released" that when the public goes to hold a sidehill on hard spring snow, "either because of the mammoth spindle dragging in the snow or the extra weight of the new chassis" that it will be much to similar to that of trying to hold an xp on it's side in spring snow. Arctic Cat knows that for us that waited patiently, because we knew cat would release something better than the Pro.... will walk away shaking our heads, wondering what happened to the mountain segment. So because of the no demo rides Cat hopes you will still order before you have the chance to know better. Sorry I've waited long enough! No Demo like Polaris did last year "because they knew they had a great thing" then I'm out!

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Funny what assumptions you're making (and for god sake, the same line over & over gets old. "drops the ball"... get over it) are kinda silly.

You say hefty cats, like you KNOW the exact weights, you say how they'll handle... where did you ride one & why haven't you given us all a ride report?

The incessant yapping on here the last few days is unreal...

There's such a big difference between intelligent discussion about what you like & don't like... and about 50% of the posts on here right now.

Oh, and yeah... not doing demo rides.... dropping the ball for sure:face-icon-small-ton

BOOM!

P
Feb 23, 2010
I havent riden these machines yet either and would love to, but I was at the show and have talked to several people that have and the comments from them and the press say nothing else throws around like these machines. Calling them hefty might just be a little premature, I would reserve that opinion for a while. It sounds like even the 4 stroke handles better than any other 2 stroke and pulling 176 hp all the way to the top of the hill hmmmm!!

E
Nov 28, 2007
WESTERN SLOPE
No Demo... No Deal!

When Cat released the M chassis, there was a Demo. That is because Cat knew they had a GREAT thing. Polaris Released the Pro... Demo. Cat comes out with the new mistake........ NO DEMO! What's that tell ya? I refuse to pay for Cat's mistake! If it's so great let us try it. Polaris laid it all on the line with the demos last spring. What's the matter Cat, afraid of the result?

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Funny what assumptions you're making (and for god sake, the same line over & over gets old. "drops the ball"... get over it) are kinda silly.

You say hefty cats, like you KNOW the exact weights, you say how they'll handle... where did you ride one & why haven't you given us all a ride report?

The incessant yapping on here the last few days is unreal...

There's such a big difference between intelligent discussion about what you like & don't like... and about 50% of the posts on here right now.

Oh, and yeah... not doing demo rides.... dropping the ball for sure:face-icon-small-ton

BOOM!

Premium Features