• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Climb profile VS PRO RMK

B
Nov 26, 2007
hahaha, i can't afford either so it doesn't matter to me....

in all reality, for what I would want/need out of a sled, the XF HighCountry would be tough for me to top...

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Well a ride will help tell. I hope the Cat handles as good as the Polaris. If it does we have 2 winners on our hands. If it doesn't well? Anyway not just looking at width look how much more the RMK hood is laid back making it look longer. The Cat slopes down quicker making it look more Nytro or XP like. More rider forward could make the handling not so desirable in the mtns.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The pre-production sack-swingers are already neg-repping me for calling their alien-baby/vector-wannabe/aborted praying mantis thing ugly. I think they'll have to get used to it because that thing is about as attractive as jabba the hut on a mean hangover.

Maybe it rides great (maybe better than anything!), but there is no denying that thing is a troll!

Last edited:

opel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Harlowton, MT
At least Cat is using up all the ugly, so there's none left over for the other brands.

I know it's not about looks, but gad DAMN that is a face only a mother could love....

I was thinking the same! Split that front bumper to look like pinchers and it would look like a grasshopper.!

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
I think the black and orange M is the sexiest thing ive ever seen on snow..

I have always been a fan of seeing all kinds of suspensions i think the rev and pro a-arms are "cute" and look old school as hell.. Small little stubby a-arms make the travel pull the skis in and out as they go up.

Stick with your 03 rev looking a-arms!

Back on topic the cat looks suprisingly the same in general outline...

Btw- some drag while going down hill to back up hill would be good to get the sled to pull that direction and point you back up.

Makes you wonder if it cuts through better because the a-arms are farther apart the top a-rm might not even hit the snow???!!

All speculation of course :)

-Aksnopro

Guess we all get an opinion!

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
this section is about as bad as youtube these days :face-icon-small-con

Just a couple of thoughts:
1) wont the A-Arms be more likely to get bent being their so much longer?
2) the front end plastics extend down past the bumper...So if you hit a rock and crack the bottom area does that mean you have to replace the whole front plastic piece?

W
Jan 7, 2008
I remember when everyone was bitch*% about going from trailing arms to A- arms. How many of you would go back to trailing arms. In my opinion the new suspension looks far more advanced than any thing out there. Kudos to Cat for bettering our sport.:boxing:

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
HEY JAY BOY WHY DONT YOU TAKE YOUR TROLL @$$ BACK OVER TO THE POO SNIFFER THREADS AND BRAG ABOUT YOUR PRO POO WEDGIE WITH THE REST OF THE POO SHOOT TROOPERS OVER THERE:wave:

a)
file.php

b) After the new sled, the Pol section has had to deal with a high concentration of AC and Doo fanbois for the last year. Get used to it brosef.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
How many bulkheads did Burandt go through this year???:face-icon-small-sho Not to mention a-arms. I heard it was A LOT and he was getting tired of breaking something everytime he went out. I know a guy in Billings that went through 3 sets of a-arms on his Pro. Limping back to the trailer he was telling himself, "yeah, but this pro sure feels light."

Last edited:
T
Nov 8, 2008
Myself I like the new sleds but again I don't ride the moutains. But my first thoughts were when I seen the line up was you moutain guys are not going to be happy. Alot of weight in there new line up from what I see. Good thing they still kept the 8 around. I was bumbed to see the 1000 go but then again that will keep the resale value on mine up.

Premium Features