• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Break in before installing new can?

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Hey everyone! I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. Should I wait until the break in clears before installing my HPS can? Any advice would be appreciated... or perhaps insight on a better way to search the forums.:face-icon-small-ton

Thanks!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
It doesn't matter. Throw the can on right away. A majority of us don't break are sleds in before we put turbos on them. Never once had a problem with a sled and I start thrashing on them as soon as I get 50' from the truck on the first ride.

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Cans

Put the can on now seems like the snowmobile learns and adapts. Sled ran better after a couple rides. First ride with can Lost a lot of bottom end with the can first time this has happen since rev chassis HO motors. Just put it on and ride be happy for the weight savings.

F
Install the can and Let’re rip tatter chip! I am a firm believer of breaking in a sled and being a little hard on it because it’s not going to hurt anything. Just don’t give prolonged periods of full throttle and you will be golden.

Just my .02.

Good luck with your new sled!

Premium Features