• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Might want to check your shock bolts... :(

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Had a good ride, second time of on the new SummitX G4 165. As we got to the trailer, though, we noticed it sitting funny. Turns out the upper shock bolt was completely missing! Not sure exactly when it went walkabout , but it had to have been near the end of the day. Rather than the shock just flopping over, it pushed up into the plastics. Will be pulling the hood this weekend to check for more damage...

So if you haven't, you may want to go over your sled and check various bolts!

a467f619bff91ca543504d9668be00f4.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
This is a dealer prep item has nothing to do with Ski-Doo. Your post makes it seem like everybody should run out to look as it was a deficiency on the assembly line which is not the case

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
thanks for the post. I am happy to check on some of these
isolated issues, even if mostly false alarms. doesn't take long to check and you just might find something

W
Nov 6, 2016
front shocks are loose in the crate and installed by the dealer. The sleds come in the crate with the ski's off and the spindle has a temporary bracket in it used to bolt it to the bottom of the crate. This is done to collapse the sled (there's even a metal hook pulling the rear suspension down) as much as possible to keep the crate as low profile as possible for shipping purposes.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
This is a dealer prep item has nothing to do with Ski-Doo. Your post makes it seem like everybody should run out to look as it was a deficiency on the assembly line which is not the case
I wasn't trashing Ski-Doo. My intention was just to share an experience with the group that may help someone else avoid a similar problem, that's all. No need to read so much between the lines. Sometimes a missing bolt is just a missing bolt. ;)

I wasn't sure if shock install was done by factory or a PDI item, so thank you @WooDoo for that helpful input.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
front shocks are loose in the crate and installed by the dealer. The sleds come in the crate with the ski's off and the spindle has a temporary bracket in it used to bolt it to the bottom of the crate. This is done to collapse the sled (there's even a metal hook pulling the rear suspension down) as much as possible to keep the crate as low profile as possible for shipping purposes.
Thanks WooDoo! @RX-1MT, we should talk, especially if there's more banged up (I'll be tearing into it tomorrow).

L
Feb 13, 2010
nl, canada
Had a good ride, second time of on the new SummitX G4 165. As we got to the trailer, though, we noticed it sitting funny. Turns out the upper shock bolt was completely missing! Not sure exactly when it went walkabout , but it had to have been near the end of the day. Rather than the shock just flopping over, it pushed up into the plastics. Will be pulling the hood this weekend to check for more damage...

So if you haven't, you may want to go over your sled and check various bolts!

a467f619bff91ca543504d9668be00f4.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, little late for me though, first run on the new G4 this past week and the shock bolt dropped out into the clutch which took a chunk out of the clutch...playing the wait game now to see if warranty will cover it. I can't get a straight answer if the upper shock bolt is in place from brp out of the crate or if it is dealer installed, anyone no for sure who has the last wrench???

Premium Features