• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

camoplast peak 2.5

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I agree I havn't seen much gain from clearance, I have rolled chaincases in the past for extra clearance but the gains I felt were more from change in approach angle!

Thats a whole new topic, Best clearance for performance, Many of the Mod shops wont go with less than 3/4 inch?.I,m staying with 7 tooth with the 3 inch to get over one inch clearance.Hmm

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
I rode my Peak for the first time yesterday. Can't compare it to anything other than a stocker, but it was a night and day difference IMO! I was able to let off the throttle to make direction changes that would have resulted in getting stuck on the stocker. Snow was pretty setup, but there was plenty of untracked to test out performance. I also noted the paddle rubbing issue. Annoying, but every stock doo track I've had has rubbed the tunnel way worse, so no big deal.

C
Jan 12, 2011
Thats a whole new topic, Best clearance for performance, Many of the Mod shops wont go with less than 3/4 inch?.I,m staying with 7 tooth with the 3 inch to get over one inch clearance.Hmm
So your 7-tooth drivers are 3 inch smaller diameter than the stock drivers?:face-icon-small-dis lots of performance lost with that small of diameter for the track to roll around,wouldn't want to sacrifice that!

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
So your 7-tooth drivers are 3 inch smaller diameter than the stock drivers?:face-icon-small-dis lots of performance lost with that small of diameter for the track to roll around,wouldn't want to sacrifice that!

7 tooth are 3.0 pitch drivers is what I think he meant. There not much smaller the stock. I run them with my power claw.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
So let the rivets wear the track in. Whats the worst that could happen? It will notch itself on its own.

I think there is a tendency to run tracks too loose. Remember when the suspension collapses to ride height, or when climbing, the track will get looser.

Just a thought.

I think this track is going to be everything that the A20 was climbing, and everything it wasn't on the descents.

We haven't even had enough snow to give a good test yet. Yeah a few guys in canada are riding, but thats it. There was only 3ft here in idaho, and i'll bet thats going quick since its in the mid fortys right now here. Give it till the end of december, then we will really know. Without enough snow and literally no base to it, comparisons may be a bit skewed.

flame away:becky:

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.

What he is referring to is a 3.0 in tall lug track with 7 tooth 3.0 inch pitch drivers.

C
Jan 12, 2011
well yeah that makes sense! I figured, I was talking about a stock sled adding a 2.5 track where clearance isn't worth buying 7 tooth drivers to gain a little clearance IMO. If I poored more money in my sled then I would extend chaincase, install 3" track, and turbo, but I have too many toys so thats not in my sled budget:face-icon-small-sad thanks for your clarification

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
well yeah that makes sense! I figured, I was talking about a stock sled adding a 2.5 track where clearance isn't worth buying 7 tooth drivers to gain a little clearance IMO. If I poored more money in my sled then I would extend chaincase, install 3" track, and turbo, but I have too many toys so thats not in my sled budget:face-icon-small-sad thanks for your clarification

I did just that, went to 7 tooth avids and a CE 2.5 last year.....LOVE IT!!

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
any comparisons between the Peak and the 2.5 Challenger Xtreme

still on the fence on which way to go

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
7 tooth are 3.0 pitch drivers is what I think he meant. There not much smaller the stock. I run them with my power claw.
The 7 tooth avids are 13%+/- smaller than the 8 tooth avids.
7 tooth X 3 inch pitch=21 divided 3.14=6.687 inchs
8 tooth X 3 inch pitch=24 divided 3.14=7.643 inchs
When some peeps tell you there track speed with the 7's on and a 3inch they are alittle out.
Have checked mine and at 60 mph on speedo iam only going 47 on GPS.

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I know of several prototype 154" Peak tracks that were out all last year... results were very impressive, in all conditions. My personal opinion is it will really shine in higher HP sleds and turbo applications. On a STOCK ETEC sled with the Peak vs the new stock 2.5, probably not a huge gain IMO..

It sounds like the Peak will address the some of the weak points of the CE. I did witness it last year in 3 ft of fresh with two identical stock 154 Freerides.. At the very top of a pull,right before you turn out, the 2011 stock track would tend to knife in where the Peak would not give up and go several sled lengths further up the hill. The Freeride with the Peak had a weaker motor as well. They figured that would be the one to test with vs putting it on the better running stocker. The Peak also has very good sidehilling characteristics..by design.

I'm personally looking for a track that performs well in the fluff but also doesn't lay over under boost. I want some hook. So basically, I've run the CE, which is my favorite track to date, but want something between the new stock 2.5 track and the CE..Hoping the Peak will be IT... I have a 2012 Etech Turbo 163 for this year. Jury is out if it's worth spending the extra money for the Peak. CE is still the safe bet at this point. I ride in CO/WY snow fyi..

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I also find the new generation CE a better all around track than the old CE paddle design. Floats better in the powder and is more forgiving/workable in hard pack.

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
Be patient with the Peak!

Just a heads up on the new Peak track. I know all of us are having slight rubbing issues with it but I have found that after 150 miles the paddles really start laying back and taking shape. No more rubbing after 150 miles but keep it tight becasue it stretches quite a bit. The lug design is also starting to make more sense to me and it really seems to try to pull snow to the center. Keep you posted...

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
any one getting more time on the peak , just wondering how they are working as they get loosened up
hopefully i made the right choice

Premium Features