• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seen the new cats

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I think they look awesome. The running boards were improved. Pull rope in the center might be cool. Handlebars adjust way taller. I am 6' 1 and I would ride it all the way down. Goggle warmer in front of bars is cool. The tunnels look longer since they moved the rear bracket forward 3 inches. I liked the storage on the 10-11 seats. That is gone. They make a bag that looks decent. Won't hold what the seats did. I guess it is another way to get more money out of you. Didn't realize the oil reservoir is part of the chaincase. No more tunnel dump exhaust unless bd redesigns a new cover. They seem like they are shy on hood venting. Wish they would have changed handle bar controls. If you liked the m, and these were the same weight, I would think you would like these better. Just hope you don't have to change plugs. Fun enough on my 09. Not sure how they will handle when that tall spindle is stuffed into a steep sidehill. Not sure what everyone is worrying about on the a arms. If you run a tree on the inside of the ski on any of them there is pretty good odds you might wreck something. As far as the 1100 turbo goes, it felt like a tank to me. I was told they are 100 pounds heavier than the m8. If you were coming from a nytro and had to have a 4 I bet you would think they are awesome. Been there and done that. Not going back. Turbo 2 stroke is where it's at for me. Not a tree sled with all that front end weight. They look awesome. Wouldn't be agains't riding one. 99% sure I am buying a pro. If they won't let you ride them I will have to find out next season if i'm sorry or not.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Talked to someone that has rode the cat and the pro. The way it was put was when they rode the pro, last year they were like wow, when comparing them to the dragons. When they rode the new cat it didn't wow them over the m. Said they were better but it wasn't the huge difference from the m that the pro was from the dragon.

M
Nov 29, 2007
Goodrich, ND
not to stir the pot...but the M was already a far superior chassis to the IQ raw on the dragon..poo needed a drastic overhaul in my opinion.. Not saying that I didn't want cat to wow us. I think that it is just a testament to how good the M really worked...if that makes sense.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
not to stir the pot...but the M was already a far superior chassis to the IQ raw on the dragon..poo needed a drastic overhaul in my opinion.. Not saying that I didn't want cat to wow us. I think that it is just a testament to how good the M really worked...if that makes sense.

I think your dead on with this comparison. The M Series kicked azz! If the Proclimb is better than the M, then the it's going to be better than the Pro rmk. IMO!.... I'm not sold on the A-arms and spindles tho! And NO TEST/DEMO RIDES!? WTF!!

Last edited:

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin

LOL, that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Talked to someone that has rode the cat and the pro. The way it was put was when they rode the pro, last year they were like wow, when comparing them to the dragons. When they rode the new cat it didn't wow them over the m. Said they were better but it wasn't the huge difference from the m that the pro was from the dragon.

I agree with mtnclimber. your comparison isn't apples to apples. m series was already a 8.5 out of 10. Dragon was a 4 out of 10. the pro jumped up to 8.75 and that was super impressive. the proclimb is replacing one of if not the top mt sleds on the market.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You guys might be right. I'm just not sure i am willing to take a chance when I know the pro is more fun than my m. A demo would solve this dilema.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL

To each his own I suppose, but I hated the m and love my dragon. I just can't make the M move/carve like I can the IQ.

Had a 1M prior and a REV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
"Goggle warmer in front of bars is cool."

Is that what that is? That is awesome, I was wondering if they were going to keep a solution for that. It's one of the first accy's my sleds get, and now no need to open the hood to get them out.

Diggersdandies

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2008
I hope Cat gets it right and I'm sure they will. They've been making good sleds for far too long not to. I am in the market for my first new sled since 2007 (Polaris), but without any demo rides, it sure is hard to invest that kind of money (at least for me as a potential "ship jumper.") Even if Cat would have let some of their loyal customers demo, it would help get the word out (on this site for example) for people to view. RMK for me this time.

I would like to defend my "old" IQ chassis. I think their 800 motor gave the sled a bad reputation and deservably so, but the chassis itself is a heck of a lot better than a 4 or 5 out of 10. I loved my little 600 RMK in the trees and never had to be towed out once. I ride with Cats and I think the ride/feel of the two are very similar. My .02 and I don't speak very often.:face-icon-small-hap

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Negative Rating from Johnmaster...hummm

I see you gave me a negative rating on another thread because i thought the new Cat looked funny/different in the front.

Just curious why you did that?? Aren't we all allowed to have an opinion, even if it differs from yours and not be rated negatively for it?

Cheers!

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
i would also argue that the iq was not the dog that people here are saying. (yes i understand i'm on the cat forum and some are blindedly brand loyal, just as they are with polaris but...) i had an 09 dragon. it ripped. my main ridding buddy has an '10 M8. it rips. both of us are quite capable riders. i could jump back and forth between the two and ride either with very little to no learning curve. i guess i would agree that the M generally could out climb the dragon. generally, by a very small margin and never once it that keep the dragon from going/getting someplace the m went. now being on a pro the m and pro are pretty much dead even although i do like how the pro handles better. then again i didn't have the "wow" factor that others had when riding the pro. just felt like a polaris to me. just curious why so many think the dragon was a pile of crap? (besides being on the cat forum) just b/c of the motor failures? which was a issue but not nearly as big of a deal as it was made out to be on the internet. the iq's worked very well, the pro is just a little bit better.

can't wait to see how the new cat runs. has the potential to be pretty b.a. hopefully someone i ride with buys one so i can try it.

pv

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Iq vs. Pro vs. M vs. climb.... who cares, the new cats are sick! I was hoping they would knock one out of the park. I was never a huge fan of the cat looks. No offense, just wasn't doing it for me although the sleds did perform flawlessly. Now they have the looks too.

Cat already has a more dependable higher HP motor than the poo. With the new chassis it should be capable of transferring power more efficiently too.

Wish I would win the lotto. :face-icon-small-sad

Premium Features