• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Send illegals to sanctauary cities

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
So, I'm actually with Trump on this one. In part, because I think it has the potential to backfire on him. What happens if you send all the immigrants to sanctuary cities & their economy booms? I'm not saying it would happen overnight, but I think its a real possibility. And, were I an immigrant, illegal or otherwise, I would rather go to a community that wanted to welcome me. In the very least, I think the idea has enough merit on both sides that it should be pursued. You want some real data? Try it out see where it leads in 10 years. I may be proven completely wrong, or absolutely right in my theories. But then you'd have concrete history & evidence one way or the other. Democrats will throw a fit because it was proposed by a republican, of course, but why not get some skin in the game, as it were.

Wow, you missed that by a mile. We’ll see how many communities actually step up and embrace this idea, talk and grandstanding by some idealist politician is great , but wait till they announce a delivery date of your maybe illegal maybe legal maybe invader maybe terrorist maybe good future citizen. Along with of course Sharia Law and their religion in our schools starting in kindergarten. Oh and of course remove all evidence or symbolism of Christianity in their schools , neighbourhoods and lives , they find it offensive. I have no idea how we went from an achievement seeking , work your ass off to get you and yours ahead country , to a country where we seem to have this goofy open arms save everyone mindset that believes it’s acceptable to use the tax dollars Canadians pay in , and apply those dollars first to unfortunate people in countries all Over the world, whether thru generous immigration policies or outright donated dollars , and then after the money is gone, sit and discuss how to solve the problems we have in our own country. Imagine if you ran your household or your business like that ? Is the situation terrible for lots of people all over the world, Of course it is , and that’s awful. But me , I worry about the future of my kids, may parents my grandkids and I hate seeing us allowing our rich Canadian culture and traditions being washed down the stream , because it makes people who want to come here uncomfortable and they “need” to practice their own traditions and religious requirements. Wanna come here cause it’s crappy where you are , you bet , apply follow the rules and adopt our Canadian ways, or choose somewhere else. Immigrants should first benefit Canada before expecting Canada to benefit them. What a friggen mess these grandstanding bleeding hearts have made of Canada.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
You COMPLETELY ignore the fact that most are coming for the freebies, we are unlikely to be getting the best and brightest from those countries. You also wrongfully assume that those communities actually want these people, see the post further up... It is a political stunt from the get go. I hope he shoves it right back up their arse.

It would be a total disaster and that is EXACTLY why the generous protectors of the downtrodden don't want them in their back yard either. The hypocrites KNOW it would be an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions.

Have you personally been interviewing these folks to know that "most" of them are coming for the freebies? I've worked alongside immigrants, probably legal and illegal aside. My wife's music store has rented & sold instruments to dozens of immigrants, legal & illegals as well I'm sure. The hispanic community pays in cash and on time has been my experience. For every deadbeat hispanic instrument rental we've had in the last 10 years, we've had 4 deadbeat whites & 10 deadbeat indians.

And my point is, that if we were to actually TRY this idea (and, no informally observing that we have a lot of hispanics in southern Idaho is not proof that it is being tried), you could get some actual data instead of just the ethereal ideas fueling all the vitriol on both sides. And I'll even let Trump take the credit for it.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Along with of course Sharia Law and their religion in our schools starting in kindergarten. Oh and of course remove all evidence or symbolism of Christianity in their schools , neighbourhoods and lives , they find it offensive.

Sharia Law? You think the southern border issue has anything to do with Sharia Law? 90% of them are your average catholic is my guess. In the very least, they're more active christian than most folks in the US or Canada are anymore. If the "Right" would use their heads, they might try to ally themselves with the hispanic community a little more often. Most of them (at least in my interation with them) come with conservative christian values. Seems dumb to hand them on a silver platter to the democrats.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Sharia Law? You think the southern border issue has anything to do with Sharia Law? 90% of them are your average catholic is my guess. In the very least, they're more active christian than most folks in the US or Canada are anymore. If the "Right" would use their heads, they might try to ally themselves with the hispanic community a little more often. Most of them (at least in my interation with them) come with conservative christian values. Seems dumb to hand them on a silver platter to the democrats.

This isn't about legal migrant workers. I work in the MN AG and seasonal vegetable industry and without legal migrant workers we wouldn't have our vegetable industry. But, all of the ones that I associate with are Pro Trump, they actually understand the dynamic and aren't brainwashed by liberal f*cktards

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
So Jean, your personal interaction is pertinent, but mine isn’t?

What makes a formal observation any more effective than informal as you call it? It’s been happening for decades. Southern Idaho employs masses of immigrants, of all types and in multiple industries.

My life has been saturated with immigrants, both legals and illegals. As said in the post above I NEED immigrants personally. I’m also related to several.

How can you be a law abiding illegal citizen? Paying cash doesn’t do it.
They usually have cash because it leaves no trail.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
I didn't say yours was any less pertinent than mine. I just said what mine has been. I'm also related to some immigrants. Your interactions have undoubtedly helped form your views as much as mine have for me. And paying cash pays the bills. Cash has worked for long time. There are so many laws on the books, we all break a few. If you claim perfection, your deluding yourself. Kids whose parents brought them here because they needed work or weren't safe in their own country are hardly criminals because of it.

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
This isn't about legal migrant workers. I work in the MN AG and seasonal vegetable industry and without legal migrant workers we wouldn't have our vegetable industry. But, all of the ones that I associate with are Pro Trump, they actually understand the dynamic and aren't brainwashed by liberal f*cktards
Always love the name calling.
It could also be that they tell you what you want to hear because they don't want any retaliation.

Last edited:

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Kids whose parents brought them here because they needed work or weren't safe in their own country are hardly criminals because of it.

Well somebody broke the law to get here and that makes them a criminal. Please do not get sidetracked on the anchor baby issue, that is different from the issue of closing the border and forcing people to use the immigration system. This is about the massive current influx of illegals, all of which are criminals as soon as they cross the line.

We have an immigration system, use it. Don't like it? Work to get it changed but it is just like 99% of government programs, broken, inefficient, corrupt. Just because most police forces are badly corrupt doesn't mean you and I can just go out wantonly breaking laws without consequence. Same goes for these folks, or at least it should.

I do not need to interview the folks in the migrant caravan. That whole thing stinks of corruption. Who prompted it? There is NO WAY you will get me to believe that thousands of completely unprepared people would set out on a 1000+ mile walk through mostly desert with zero support system along the way. It was fabricated, pushed and supported by libs, they really need some more voters and how to democrats get voters? The lie about all the free stuff they are going to give you. Now that ,might spur a caravan... In which case they are not coming for opportunity, because that has always been there, they are coming for the recently promised freebies and the concern that it might all end if Trump gets the wall built.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Well somebody broke the law to get here and that makes them a criminal. Please do not get sidetracked on the anchor baby issue, that is different from the issue of closing the border and forcing people to use the immigration system. This is about the massive current influx of illegals, all of which are criminals as soon as they cross the line.

The current influx is NOT a bunch of illegals. The current influx is people coming to the border asking for asylum. If they cross the border without going through the proper check in, or "sneaking in" as it were, then, yes, that is illegal. But that is not what is happening. Obviously there is some of that that always happens, but the backlog is from people who have come to the border and asked to come in.

And "anchor babies" are different than DACA. Anchor babies are children born in the US.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
The current influx is NOT a bunch of illegals. The current influx is people coming to the border asking for asylum. If they cross the border without going through the proper check in, or "sneaking in" as it were, then, yes, that is illegal. But that is not what is happening. Obviously there is some of that that always happens, but the backlog is from people who have come to the border and asked to come in.

And "anchor babies" are different than DACA. Anchor babies are children born in the US.

Well hopefully you and your wife and your immigrant relatives will be stepping up immediately and opening your home to a few of these “Christian hard working asylum seekers” cause otherwise you’re basically just another yapper who thinks “somebody “ should do something. And it seems in your story I f someone sneaks across he’s illegal , but if he gathers with a couple thousand others, gets on tv , walks in a group a few thousand miles with nothing ( what a crock) and then crosses the border without proper documentation , we are now somehow morally obligated to allow them in ???? I’m with big 10 , that whole migrant convoy is really smelly from the get go. Couple thousand folks from wherever who have nothing and no resources , can somehow organize this ? And because they did it’s now our problem ? This country has plenty of its own issues to deal with, for the taxpayers who pay taxes for the government to use to make things better for them, be nice to save the world and all the people who are suffering and struggling , but we can’t afford it without compromising quality and service to our own citizens, you know , those people who had an expectation that their tax dollars would somehow help them and their kids and futures. You want to help, Good on ya, step up , donate , sponsor a family , let em live in your basement or provide a housing allowance . Me , I don’t want to. And I’m not gonna apologize for that till we get our own **** straightened out in this country.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018

They are not sneaking in? They have all submitted, and been accepted for asylum BEFORE crossing the border? I do not think you quite have those facts straight.

If there is a backlog, tough chit, wait and go through the process.

I think your assessment of these folks is WAY off. Those rose colored shades are blinding you to the truth.

I also think it is a great plan that all of you who support letting ANYBODY in should be offering up to house and support them in your home with your money.

This is all really simple. Build a wall and shoot the people who cross the border. You can apply for asylum or immigration from your home country. When you are approved and have agreed to assimilate into our culture, you are welcome to come in.

There is NO reason for the official policy to be any more complex than that. I get that people have problems, we all have problems. I am not interested in solving other peoples problems at my expense, without my consent.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Well somebody broke the law to get here and that makes them a criminal.
If you follow that line of thought, Trump is a criminal. Michael cohen pays money illegally to keep a story from coming out before election day. Trump is elected. Michael cohen is convicted as a criminal for what he did. Trump became president through someone's criminal means, therefore he must be a criminal.

Just sayin.

So yeah, send them to be my next door neigbors. It would beat the policially correct state senator who's there now.

I know I won't see eye to eye with 90% of the people on this forum on this issue & I don't care. I think its funny that I say, YEAH, DO WHAT TRUMP WANTS, and you all jump down my throat about it.

mic drop...

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
If you follow that line of thought, Trump is a criminal. Michael cohen pays money illegally to keep a story from coming out before election day. Trump is elected. Michael cohen is convicted as a criminal for what he did. Trump became president through someone's criminal means, therefore he must be a criminal.

Just sayin.

So yeah, send them to be my next door neigbors. It would beat the policially correct state senator who's there now.

I know I won't see eye to eye with 90% of the people on this forum on this issue & I don't care. I think its funny that I say, YEAH, DO WHAT TRUMP WANTS, and you all jump down my throat about it.

mic drop...

Wow, pretty weak sauce response ! Oh , And I don’t care that you don’t care .

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018

Just sayin.

That sounds like politics as usual to me. I would be willing to bet that happens in EVERY campaign. Your line of thinking is a bit flawed (again, big surprise), the libs would have him in jail if he actually was a criminal. How could they overlook this if it is a chargeable offense? They have been trying for over 2 years to get rid of the guy and you found the silver bullet!

Oh wait, not really....

So yeah, send them to be my next door neigbors.

Neighbors? No son, you completely missed the point like you usually do...

If YOU think this is what we should be doing, letting illeagals in and taking care of them. We want YOU to open YOUR home and YOUR wallet to them. Be the charitable guy you claim to be. I am sure they are great people, just invite them right into your home or shut up about it you hypocrite.

mic drop...

I might suggest some further reading and comprehension education for you. You seem pretty good at reading into things what supports your contentions but you sure do miss the facts pretty often, not to mention some frightfully obvious scenarios seem to go right over your head regularly...

I didn't "jump down your throat" about it. I actually found a ton of humor in your rediculous assessment of the situation. I found your comments so naive I couldn't help but respond.

I love how people like you want to make it seem like Trump supporters are robots. That was your point right? Another incredibly shallow assessment...

I certainly do not agree with everything Trump says or does. I do think he is finally getting us pointed in a sensible direction though. I really do not think he is nearly agressive enough, I wouldn't have threatened to ship illegals to sanctuary cities, I just would have done it. On the same day I would have cut all their federal funding because that is what should happen when these places insist on breaking our laws. This country is in dire need of a bunch more "tough love" policies. The adult children living in and running these big metropolitan areas need to learn some hard lessons about reality. I think flooding them with their own stupid ideas is a perfect way to address the problem, and not because it was a Trump idea but because it is exactly what these places have coming by thwarting the rule of law in this country.

You might consider that 90% of the people on this forum disagree with you because you are just plain wrong...

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Wow, pretty weak sauce response ! Oh , And I don’t care that you don’t care .

Pretty typical Slick... Don't worry though, there hasn't been a single thread like this were I haven't been able to completely shut down JLP. He can't come up with arguments to refute the truth, just his feelings on the subject. Weak sauce hardly covers it, it was another pathetic at best response.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Don't worry though, there hasn't been a single thread like this were I haven't been able to completely shut down JLP.
:bowl::playball::rofl::rofl:
BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

Just because someone stops arguing with you does not mean you shut them down. It means we have better things to do with our time. So, if it makes you feel better, consider me shut down. I have never felt in any way shut down by you. Primarily I have laughed at your "rebuttals."

Enjoy your echo chamber.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

Just because someone stops arguing with you does not mean you shut them down. It means we have better things to do with our time. So, if it makes you feel better, consider me shut down. I have never felt in any way shut down by you. Primarily I have laughed at your "rebuttals."

Enjoy your echo chamber.

Well it’s telling that you think you and the other 10 % are correct. No way the 90 % could be right ???? Laughing at his rebuttals reminds me of my kids when they realized their arguments and talking points were silly and ill thought out . Must be tough to keeep that ego fed eh LOL.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

Enjoy your echo chamber.

Well I think it is pretty obvious to everybody else that you simply run out of arguments...

Doesn't really take much time to respond if you understand the subject and have a well thought out opinion with supporting evidence. Heck you must have spent 5-10 minutes conjuring up that last bit of drivel about bringing in refugees to improve local economies... even though you can't support it at all.

Premium Features