• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

155 to 162/163. Which track?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Thinking about doing the Boorandt conversion on my 155 (if it doesnt sell), he says it will make me a good technical rider :face-icon-small-hap

So the question is what track should a guy go with? I will be riding mostly deep snow in CO/WY/MT. I like steep trees, but we definitely ride a little of everything. I like to ride this time of year, when you can actually ride the nasty stuff, but seems like we have been doing more early season storm chasing the last couple seasons.

Easiest route would be the CE 2.5 2.86... its the older style CE but would drop right in with 163 rails.

CE 2.5 3” pitch... the newer style. The next cheapest track but would require drivers and anti stab. Both of these tracks ^^^ are proven, all around tracks... but I am afraid I would maybe be giving up some performance over the 2.6.

X3... had one on my 13 Pro 155. I liked it, but it was definitely a trencher, just felt like it needed more power or length to really shine. So thinking it would work well here.

And lastly considering a 3” powerclaw. Most expensive option, and a little harder to find. No experience with them.

What do you guys think? I dont know that I could really go wrong with any of them. I would look for another 2.6, but the durability just isn’t there IMO.

Will I have any tension/fitment issues with bomber rails, 8” wheels and a 162”?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
165 Alpha track, 10in wheels. (Lots of cutting and clipping to run on twin rails)
Most expensive route. Most traction also.

reduce

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
3" powerclaw gets my vote, i run mine in all kinds of different conditions and am happy with it.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Almost $1400 through Country Cat... where are you guys getting Powerclaws and what are you paying?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I picked mine up for $800 a couple years ago from someone who took it off thier new sled.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
another option is the 2.86, 2.6, 163 polaris track. fully clip it.
wouldn't need to mess with drivers

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
another option is the 2.86, 2.6, 163 polaris track. fully clip it.
wouldn't need to mess with drivers
Yes! You are correct I forgot to mention this. I haven't been happy with the 2.6 durability, and really just want to try something else.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
IMO the Camso extreme 3" works incredibly well on the axys sleds. Im VERY impressed with the setup this year.

The cat track works a hair better, BUT, Camso with drivers and anti stab is still cheaper then a Cat track by itself.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Yes! You are correct I forgot to mention this. I haven't been happy with the 2.6 durability, and really just want to try something else.
Let me spend ur money!
Buy the Alpha track and send it to tracks USA and have them cut the windows and clip the track for the twin rail and buy some avid drivers.

Doo it...... be the first!

reduce

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Alpha track would be neat... but no LOL.

If a guy goes X3 is there any reasoning to NOT do the center punched version?

Do Iceage rails come “trimmed” and ready for an antistab? Never done an antistab and not real excited about taking new rails out of the box and cutting them up.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Buy the antistabs from ice age and they bolt right up.

reduce

You still have to trim the rails if you ditch the center punch. I have Iceage rails, and they had to be trimmed with an anti stab.

You have to run the center punch so tight especially with bigger lugs, and even more so if you have extra hp. So tight I've seen it eventually break the fiberglass rods in the track. It's a big upgrade getting rid of the center punch in my eyes.

Also don't buy the cheep Whal Bros anti stab. It wont last long. There are a couple other options. The Ice age two wheel ati stab is great!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Trimming Must be a Polaris thing?
I am confused....
Ice age rails on a cat and bolt anti-stab up without cutting.

reduce

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Hey guys, just wanted to clarify a few things.

First off an explanation. Our rails and the OEM counterparts on Polaris Pro RMK and Axys RMK sleds run up alongside the drivers. The introvert and center extrovert allow the rails to ride up alongside the drivers making stabbing virtually impossible in stock format. When switching to extrovert drivers which drive in front of the rails on the clips like Cat and ski-doo run The rails now need to be cut back to allow clearance. You can just cut the rail back and modify it to run the tips. We recommend getting them cut back and running an anti-stab for the best performance and protection.

Our rails are all cut and designed at full length, even if you purchase an anti-stab. BUT if you call us, for an additional $25 we can throw the rails back on a machine and do the anti stab cut operation to them. This way when your rails show up its just pull them out of the box, install and go. If your rails are in stock, add a day to allow time to pull the rails and run the program, if we need to cut them for your order then we can add the anti stab cut with no additional lead time.

This is a common point of confusion as to why polaris is different then the others and why they require a cut for anti stab installs.

We would love to see someone punch/clip an alpha track and put it on an Axys. But for budget we highly recommend the Camso 3in, Cat track or the factory 2.6" polaris track. We would advise against the Series 7 3in track.

Also as for the 162/163 variation. All of our rails are designed to accept both 7 tooth 2.86 or 7 tooth 3 pitch drivers and 162/163 tracks. Both have plenty of room for proper adjustment on our rails.

Last edited:

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Hey guys, just wanted to clarify a few things.

First off an explanation. Our rails and the OEM counterparts on Polaris Pro RMK and Axys RMK sleds run up alongside the drivers. The introvert and center extrovert allow the rails to ride up alongside the drivers making stabbing virtually impossible in stock format. When switching to extrovert drivers which drive in front of the rails on the clips like Cat and ski-doo run The rails now need to be cut back to allow clearance. You can just cut the rail back and modify it to run the tips. We recommend getting them cut back and running an anti-stab for the best performance and protection.

Our rails are all cut and designed at full length, even if you purchase an anti-stab. BUT if you call us, for an additional $25 we can throw the rails back on a machine and do the anti stab cut operation to them. This way when your rails show up its just pull them out of the box, install and go. If your rails are in stock, add a day to allow time to pull the rails and run the program, if we need to cut them for your order then we can add the anti stab cut with no additional lead time.

This is a common point of confusion as to why polaris is different then the others and why they require a cut for anti stab installs.

We would love to see someone punch/clip an alpha track and put it on an Axys. But for budget we highly recommend the Camso 3in, Cat track or the factory 2.6" polaris track. We would advise against the Series 7 3in track.

Also as for the 162/163 variation. All of our rails are designed to accept both 7 tooth 2.86 or 7 tooth 3 pitch drivers and 162/163 tracks. Both have plenty of room for proper adjustment on our rails.
Slightly off topic but do you have rails to fit a 153 PC on a 155 sled?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
Just to give some insight as I had a thought and was going to attempt it...Just got off the phone with Tracksusa...They cannot punch the Alpha track as it is a 3.5" pitch track (only can accommodate up to 3" pitch). Back to the drawing board.

Premium Features