• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 RMK 700 - Capacitor, VR, or Stator

TecCrash

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2017
Middleton, ID
Hi Guys, been doing lots of searching and I know that a lot of you have a huge amount of knowledge on this so I thought I would bounce my thoughts off you. I bought my wife a 06 700 RMK and the first trip out I popped a check engine light in the parking lot and went into limp mode. I called my dealership to see if they could throw digital wrench on it and give me an idea what the issue was. They pulled it all apart and found a broken wire to the TPS, so I had them fix it and reset the TPS for me. Took it to McCall yesterday and it rode like a champ for the first 20 miles or so. Then I started having issues getting it started unless I held the throttle open a VERY small bit. Then she started having a slight bog issue and swapped me sleds. I noticed that the temp light was flickering so I checked that and it was at 215, then the MFD started going on and off, and when it was on, I only had 1 bar on the volt meter. I pointed it back to the trailer 3-5 miles away, and as the RPM came up I got 3 bars. The only other issue with the sled I’m aware of is that the Brake light isn’t working.

If I get home tonight before dark, I will clean up the grounds and check it again. If I’m still having an issue I also have a 05 900, if I’m reading the fiche right they are the same on both sleds o I can at least test using those. If that doesn’t work should I start thinking Stator? Still not sure how that would play into the equation…

These are the part #’s I found.
4012611 - Regulator
401114 – Capacitor

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Chris

Premium Features