• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 - RMK hard to side hill

W
Nov 26, 2007
My wife has a 600 155", she complains that it is hard to side hill and off camber hill sides. I get off my Gen II and ride hers to find it seems like she has all the weight on the front of the sled. This makes it hard to work the trees as the sled always wants to be upright which can lead to down hill - if you what I mean.

Limiter strap seems to out all the way, what are my options?

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Sidehillin'

Hey,
I have an 07 600 155, getting off of my Edge and on this sled was a huge step. The Edge is stable and flat and the weight is centered farther back. This sled is tall and narrow and agile. That just makes it less stable to me. I felt like the front end of the 07 was out of control, exspecially when getting off the throttle.
Observations.
1. My Edge liked the limiter all the way out. The 07 behaves better (for me) with in in the center pos.
2. The 07 skid front shock can be layed forward. (take a peek under there) this helps the transition from ski's to track and the sled (for me) gets up and handles better.
3. #'s 1 and 2 both help with the (I think) excessive weight transfer. And I mean transfer forward as well as to the rear.
4. There is a riser for that sled that's a couple inches taller. I put it on, and leaned it back. Effectivly the bars aren't that much taller, but I'm positioned farther back on the sled. This really helped (me) with the weight forward issues.
5. Once I got used to the weight forward deal, I narrowed my ski's as far as poss, and kept softening the front shocks untill the sled would lay over and cut the way I wanted.
Now, I really like the sled. It cuts thru the tree's great, lays over on a side hill and STICKS. I have much more confidence that it's doing what I want instead of us negotiating on every ride. It's a little unforgiving if you get into a corner hot, on the trail out, but I only did that once so maybe if I rode the trail more and got used to it.....
Right now I'm dropping the gearing a tooth to see how that works. I don't care about running breakneck speeds, I want a little more off the bottom.
I hope some of this drivel helps. Bagger:beer;

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
urs isnt the raw chassis . yours is the first style iq they had a complete different feel

L

LongTrack

Nov 26, 2007
Another thing that might help is to make the rear a 2 wheel inner rail setup instead of three. You can get the setup that the 07 dragon has and remove the outer wheels and only have two in the center. Helped mine out alot. Changing front skis to powder pro's also helped the front from diving when letting off throttle. Just my .02....

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I understand the heavier front track spring and heavier sway bar are the answer to this. I have just installed them and will test it out this weekend.
Make sense to me because on an off camber or downhill turn the front dives down the hill from too much forward weight distribution. Track spring and sway should kep it flatter and resist the dive a bunch. It's a very reasonable mod too, I think all the parts were $80 or so.

Premium Features