• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adventue Worx Snowbike Rail Kits

I've never tired running them without pegs. Maybe it would work?

I was thinking as so many people buy extended pegs that if these were long enough to go to the same 'place' as pegs - there would not be a need for those extended pegs, you could just use these.

So basically these would be mega extended pegs :)

But unless they started in the same position as pegs it wouldn't work - as you'd have a hell of a time trying to shift/etc...

C
Mar 1, 2008
The jury is still out on the TSS as far as function goes. I own one and there needs to some glaring issues addressed ASAP. Chain slack and tension obviously is a huge concern for everyone... Timbersled has said they are working on a fix? The idler wheel flops like a broken leg when the TTS is compressed and the chain rubbing on the frame is not acceptable for the own of a new 7K kit on a 10K bike. Our rails mount directly to the Timbersled Kits so they will move with the TSS. Keep in mind the TSS only compresses from it static open position. The distance between your feet and Bars for example only shrink.

U
Sep 12, 2010
Watch Youtube videos of Snowbiking in deep snow and you'll see that 90 percent of the time riders have their feet glued to the pegs blasting thru snow. Their feet actually are already carving the path thru the snow ahead of our rails. You don't ride with both feet sticking out and up in front of you... or dragging behind.. they are on the pegs. These rails are only 1" tall on the profile facing and driving thru the snow.. they really are not the issue when compared to your feet. We really haven't seen a negative affect but you never know maybe others would? Everyone has their opinion for sure.. we get that. Also, your tunnel would have to be nearly 20" deep in the snow for the rails to be an issue or even come into play. Side hilling is not an issue.. your bars will hit before the rails do and the hill would be near vertical. Sure some will say they drag... they affect side hilling.. but to us the benefits far out weight any potential drawbacks. We feel the advantages are there in every situation.

Quite often I cannot get my foot on a peg, or sometimes both at the same time, due to soft and/or heavy snow. It is pretty common to drag the hand guards through the snow, too. Our snow can be pretty dense. Sleds loose a lot of drag to their running boards.

Next question: what happens when these smash a rock, tree or stump? My side panels and chaincase cover are pretty beat, and my feet get knocked off the pegs by something a few times about every ride.

C
Mar 1, 2008
"Quite often I cannot get my foot on a peg, or sometimes both at the same time, due to soft and/or heavy snow. It is pretty common to drag the hand guards through the snow, too. Our snow can be pretty dense. Sleds loose a lot of drag to their running boards."

From what we have found the our rails just fallow the same path that your existing pegs already have plowed ahead. You can't tell they are there. There always may be an issue to some I'm sure and that will be forever the debate. Benefit v.s. potential precieved issues? I make them so I'm clearly biased. I think the benefits far out weigh any issues there may be. Our rails are 22' long, 20" off the bottom of the track and are 100% open. I personally think you have way more drag from the chances than you'll ever feel from these rails. Also, a sled has 4 plus feet of rail 6"' plus inches wide. It not a fair comparison to compare our rails to them as they are sooooo much smaller. Ours again are totally open and by surface area 1/10th the size. Just my take.

"Next question: what happens when these smash a rock, tree or stump? My side panels and chaincase cover are pretty beat, and my feet get knocked off the pegs by something a few times about every ride."

These are like a bak buster on a dirtbike. They protect the side and your feet. We have never had a failure. You'll still get your feet ripped off the pegs... thats part of snowbiking LOL Our rails can take are serious hit while protecting your feet and
side panel.

Ride Safe!

Last edited:

yooper01

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2014
Okay so after a season of riding what's the consensus?

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I think it is an awesome idea and will make a more enjoyable ride for 90% of the people. The other 10%, I'm sorry they don't work for u, enjoy ur ride.

GS6

S
Nov 7, 2016
I WANT THESE BUT AM WORRIED ABOUT THE KICK START ON MY RMZ I KNOW FOR A FACT I WOULD HAVE TO DO SOME CUTTING AND BENDING ON THE RIGHT SIDE ONE TO MAKE IT WORK WITH THE KICKER STILL MAY GIVE THEM A WHIRL

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
bringing this back up... Did anyone ever get any ordered or are they still being made??

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
I love this idea and want a set, however my only concern is if they would affect the deep snow performance. On a snowbike, there isn't much drag when running in deeper snow as the track is almost the same size as the tunnel and there are no running boards to hang you up as you trench. The foot pegs really don't have enough area to hang you up as you trench. I wonder if these will start to have the same effect as a running board and cause you to hang up?

First blush I'm going to say no they won't, because your boot/leg are already causing that drag anyway. The mashed taters we get here will almost rip your foot off the peg on the uphill side of a side hill on a bike.

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
so apparently these are no longer being made. .never got any answer from emails or messages and no website available. . .but on the good side of things . .I did manage to find a set used and made a deal for them and they are a really nice product. . it's kind of a shame because they are very well made and designed good but evidently not enough market for them or something?? ..

Premium Features