• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LED Tail light

H
Mar 8, 2008
WI
led tail lite

i went with a four barr brand super bright and super clean and it comes with a bracket, but i flushed mounted mine . you can get them from van amburg or western power sports 30.00 or so.

Last edited:
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Wire 'em up yourself? LEDs and resistors are cheeeeeaaappp. Pac-tec has an assortment of enclosures, and they'll send you free samples... :)

S

StrobsM8

Nov 27, 2007
I ordered both of the brake lights from Bluhm Enterprises. The BL-TRLEDCR is 13.5" wide...WAY too big but my buddy had a smaller one from another company and was very hard to see. You definitely can see that one but it doesn't look real good. The BL-LEDTR is only 4 inches wide and has a clear cover and super brite square LED's. I have not put that one on but it really looks nice and the guy said with the square LED's it will be very bright. I will be putting that one on this weekend. I am trying to attach the link here.

http://www.bluhmenterprises.com/products/moto-brite-lites.php?pn_category_id=87

G

Gimpster

Do the LED's retain enough heat to keep snow melted off the light or bright enough to show through the snow build up ?

----- Gimpster -----

U

Uller

Nov 26, 2007
Greater NW
I ordered both of the brake lights from Bluhm Enterprises. The BL-TRLEDCR is 13.5" wide...WAY too big but my buddy had a smaller one from another company and was very hard to see. You definitely can see that one but it doesn't look real good. The BL-LEDTR is only 4 inches wide and has a clear cover and super brite square LED's. I have not put that one on but it really looks nice and the guy said with the square LED's it will be very bright. I will be putting that one on this weekend. I am trying to attach the link here.

http://www.bluhmenterprises.com/products/moto-brite-lites.php?pn_category_id=87

I just bought the same light. It arrived in like two days. Looks real good and good construction. I almost bought the 4 bar but got to thinking that the smaller led lights would get covered with snow too quickly to work well.

S
Jan 15, 2008
PNW
Do the LED's retain enough heat to keep snow melted off the light or bright enough to show through the snow build up ?

----- Gimpster -----

With my experience on the LED's, they put out more than enough light and heat to keep snow and ice buildup clear. they actually some times worry me with how much heat they put out.

R
Nov 20, 2008
Princeton B.C.
RT1000 led light

I put a led from four barr on my RT1000 , the brake light works fine but I have no running light , I ve heard you have to put a daioide in or a resistor , anybody know?

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
some good choices for sure

just have to look at the pol circuit and the wire it up (it is not conventioal in it operation 2 grounds 1 hot )

T
Nov 19, 2008
Surrey, BC
Hey banditpowdercoat,

Those microlazers are sweet! Can you post a pic of your install? they look strong! which one did you get? comments? I think I found a replacement for that stupid tail light on my dragon. what were they thinking?

T

Hey banditpowdercoat,

Those microlazers are sweet! Can you post a pic of your install? they look strong! which one did you get? comments? I think I found a replacement for that stupid tail light on my dragon. what were they thinking?

T
I got the real small ones, I dont think he's making the little ones any more??? I can't take a Pic tiull after the 17th Dec. I just shipped out to work. My 2nd job LOL But, what I did was take a chunk of .100" carbon fiber, made a panel that fits smoothly in place of the stock tail light. Then mounted the LED's in there. Nice thing with LED's on a sled electrical sys is the sleds still basically AC. the LED's only light perfect, But have like a flicker to them with movement. Like how the LED Xmas lights look when you move your head when you look at them. Way more noticable than regular bulb I think

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I got the real small ones, I dont think he's making the little ones any more??? I can't take a Pic tiull after the 17th Dec. I just shipped out to work. My 2nd job LOL But, what I did was take a chunk of .100" carbon fiber, made a panel that fits smoothly in place of the stock tail light. Then mounted the LED's in there. Nice thing with LED's on a sled electrical sys is the sleds still basically AC. the LED's only light perfect, But have like a flicker to them with movement. Like how the LED Xmas lights look when you move your head when you look at them. Way more noticable than regular bulb I think

the diodes only illuminate when they're forward-biased, one half of the AC wave. If they don't have a reverse-bias protection (another diode in teh opposite direction, LED or otherwise) you risk damaging the LED.

Full-wave rectifying (Bridge rectifier) and a capacitor across the power/ground will eliminate that flicker.

Premium Features