• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWTECH 137/BETA XTRAINER

H
Jan 24, 2014
CRANBROOK B.C
Had to get this off my mind, so yesterday I took the ST 137 off my 570 put it on my Beta X Trainer.
Spring conditions not to worried about having power.
Test ride went well track rolls so freely , Snowtech's pivot system definitely gives you that dirt bike feel.

The fit kit parts I built myself so if I break anything it wont be Snowtech's fault.

016.jpg

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
X trainer is a fun bike, but if you dont need it for summer use, seems like you would be better off to get a 250xc or something for snow. Also I know that the fmf beta 300 pipes fit the xtrainer, so that would be a good option. They just dont rev with the stock pipe. I wanted one for a third summer bike till I was quoted 8500 OTD. I can detune my 250 and make a similar bike if I need to.

H
Jan 24, 2014
CRANBROOK B.C
This is almost the exact setup I want to do for the wife, XTrainer with SnowTech MX 120. Can't wait to follow your thoughts on it.

The XTrainer as we all know is not for the Aggressive rider dirt or snow. What I like about this bike its very forgiving for a 2 stroke , it lugs down like a 4 stroke its power band is predictable its light weight and low stance.
( Going back to the original Snowbike concept, a guy with a bike that wants to use it 12 months a year)
The MX 120 is probably the better choice and would be fun. I am doing this with the 137 just to see if it could be done.

The XT had no problem power wise with the 137 I could start out in 3rd gear (on the flat ground)
so you could go with another tooth or 2 on the engine sprocket . The fork spring may or may not need to be changed (I left the XT forks stock) the 137 has a lot leverage compared with the 120 but I think I can balance out the track suspension so it will take load off the front end .
( The 137 is a pretty big snowshoe for my Italian Princess but like I said a good test to see if it could be done.)

For your application ST MX 120 / Xtrainer for year round IMO would work.

001.jpg

H
Jan 24, 2014
CRANBROOK B.C
WAY TO MUCH FUN

The XCHEATER & ST 137 work great for what I like doing. At first this was a test but now I am going to leave the track on the Beta for the rest of the season(which I think I just extended a month or two). Last year I was going to try this on a different track system but I would have destroyed my forks. (single pinch bolt for the axle and...........)
I got into snowbiking in 2011 for one reason only to ride my bikes in the same stuff I ride in the summer. (I was never a snowmobiler ) The weight, low C of G of the Beta and agility of the Snowtech system allows me to do this.
Short track would be a blast but this 137 handles just as good as any short track I have had.

55 gals of gas on my 570 since the end of Jan no problems or dislikes, for the rest of the season I am going to have a gas on the Beta ST combo.

016.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg 026.jpg 035.jpg 039.jpg

H
Jan 24, 2014
CRANBROOK B.C
Couldn't miss out on lower elevation spring riding so pulled the track off the Beta put it back on the 570.
The Beta worked well in its stock form with the Snowtech track. For the riding I like.

Would I jump it off a cliff ? NO

I just can't say anything but good about the Snowtech as far as upgrades or anything else maybe next year they could give me free gas.

VIVA LA LIBERTA

007.jpg 006 344.jpg

Premium Features