• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upgrade from stage 2 to 3 worth it?

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
So now that flatlanders have sleds put away for the year and thoughts about next season will be upon us.... thinking ahead about next year's upgrades If any.

Here is my sled

2018 Pro 800 155 2.6
Slp Pipe and Comp can
Torque arm
Indy Dan Mtn Mod weights and spring

Sled ran great pulled hard all year till last trip, broke primary spring last trip had to go back to stock spring and loose some weight.

Plan on sending primary out this summer and have Dan go thru it and go back with his spring believe it was green/blk stripe.

Other than that was about it. But thought of adding an Slp head to the mix, means already have the pipe.

Is head worth the $400 or not?

We ride mainly the snowys, but do venture to Tog and would like to hit Colorado next year.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
To be honest, the stage 2 is a waste of money compared to the stage 3.
You will be very impressed with the Stage 3.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
So now that flatlanders have sleds put away for the year and thoughts about next season will be upon us.... thinking ahead about next year's upgrades If any.

Here is my sled

2018 Pro 800 155 2.6
Slp Pipe and Comp can
Torque arm
Indy Dan Mtn Mod weights and spring

Sled ran great pulled hard all year till last trip, broke primary spring last trip had to go back to stock spring and loose some weight.

Plan on sending primary out this summer and have Dan go thru it and go back with his spring believe it was green/blk stripe.

Other than that was about it. But thought of adding an Slp head to the mix, means already have the pipe.

Is head worth the $400 or not?

We ride mainly the snowys, but do venture to Tog and would like to hit Colorado next year.

Go stage 4 and do the porting. That is where they truly wake up and run amazing.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
I did the equivalent of a stage 4 to my pro really woke it up to the tune of 30hp on the dyno.
I used Power Addiction head,dyno port pipe,Mod shop porting,power commander,and MDS clutching.Sled has been running strong for 4 years no issues.

Premium Features