• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer rock guard

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
What is everyone using for a rock guard while pulling your trailer? Any pics would be great. I have a lifted truck and I built my own rock guard out of angle iron and 2 semi flaps mounted to my trailer hitch. It had been doing a great job up to this year. I had been using it for 5 years and only a few dents. For some reason this season I ended with a bunch of rock dents. I did take it on gravel 2 times to get to the trail head this year but i did drive slow. I am definitely going to have to come up with something different for next year!! I hate dents in my trailer. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
Full width rear mud flaps that are too close to the ground sometimes create enough air pressure to get things moving, doing more harm than good. They need to be at least 8 to 10 inches off the ground.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Add some aluminum diamond plate to the front of the trailer. It can be powder coated if you dont want the natural aluminum look.

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
I use and would highly recommend "Towtector". I've been using it for many years when pulling my enclosed trailer and my boat. It works great as the bristles allow air to flow thru unlike the solid rubber kind but are strong enough to knock down the debris. Take your truck and trailer to a dealer so you can get the proper length. You want to cover most of the area between your bumper and road but leave a couple inches at the bottom as "sweeping" the road can make it worse.

http://towtector.com/which-towtector/

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I use and would highly recommend "Towtector". I've been using it for many years when pulling my enclosed trailer and my boat. It works great as the bristles allow air to flow thru unlike the solid rubber kind but are strong enough to knock down the debris. Take your truck and trailer to a dealer so you can get the proper length. You want to cover most of the area between your bumper and road but leave a couple inches at the bottom as "sweeping" the road can make it worse.

http://towtector.com/which-towtector/
I have never heard of towtector before. I will be looking it to this. They are located 45 minutes from me. All about supporting a local business.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Premium Features