• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 vs PRO RMSHA

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Watching live streaming of the hillclimbs, its hard to see, but I don't see any Alpha 1's in the pro classes. I did ask a few of those at the hill and they didn't see any Alpha 1's in the pro classes.

With Cat only offering the Alpha 1 for 2020, what are these PRO class riders going to do? Keep their 2019 or adjust to the Alpha 1? We all its a sin for PRO class riders not to get the new MY!

Hearing lots of KMOD in the sponsorship for Cat sleds. KMOD might make a killing off this from Cat's 2020 lineup.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Watching live streaming of the hillclimbs, its hard to see, but I don't see any Alpha 1's in the pro classes. I did ask a few of those at the hill and they didn't see any Alpha 1's in the pro classes.

With Cat only offering the Alpha 1 for 2020, what are these PRO class riders going to do? Keep their 2019 or adjust to the Alpha 1? We all its a sin for PRO class riders not to get the new MY!

Hearing lots of KMOD in the sponsorship for Cat sleds. KMOD might make a killing off this from Cat's 2020 lineup.

I raced at the Afton and Lost Trail race and didn't see any Alphas raced in pro or semi pro... love my 19 Hardcore and am bummed to not see a twin rail version returning.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I bet after the 2020 season of the cat/textron sled department clean up you’ll see the twin rail back. I wish it was an option on the snow check sleds, so you could pick which you want to order when you snow check.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
My guess, this fall you will see a twin rail hill climb sled, released the same time the snocross sled is released at hay days. Return of the HCR, Think I’m right?

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I think you will see some now that its the only option. they do have the hardcore, which seems to be the new HCR. beefed up. Hillclimb comp requires some strength.
the mountaincat is sold as a deep snow sled.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Honestly how man cats did you even see in the pro classes? I think this has as much to do with Cat chopping their race program for 2019 as it does racers not wanting to try the Alpha. Most of these guys did not get race sleds and are riding what they had last year. Just my guess from what I have heard. The way this track finds traction by conforming to the snow I can see it doing decent cut down and studded but nobody wants to sacrifice their only back country sled to try it. Maybe I am completely wrong.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
Hopefully the cat riders aren't using a 3" powerclaw. It just doesn't hook up on hard snow at all. I can't imagine competing on a hill like that with the spin you get on set up snow?

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cat missed the boat by not having an Alpha in the stock classes, or any class for that matter. The track and wheelie propensity can go away in the mod class. It may not be too late, there's a couple races left.....

It was fun to see a handful Cat riders turn in some great runs. The Tapios showed up with their A game. I hope there is a HayDays HCR release and a bigger presence next year in RMSHA.

Premium Features