• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Driver issue?

N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I have a 163 2.6. The last two rides in good snow, on two separate occasions, I've applied throttle and gotten no power to track. It's a very brief wind up/wind down, with a repeated clunk/squeal. Sounds horrible. After it returns to idle, I'm good to go and no further issues. Drivers look fine, but I've never experienced anything like this before. Any ideas? I know what belt slip feels like and this is different. My track tension is fine as well (I think - was tightened up slightly after 400 miles, dealer said not to over tighten as these tracks tend to stretch otherwise). Thanks.

dttrusko

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2010
Trimountain, MI
If QD is fine, it's likely the cover or inner sheave bushing on the primary getting bound up and then proceeding harsh engagement when it is frees up at higher RPM. If you can get it to repeat, pop off the sidepanel and see what is spinning and what's not.

Last edited:
N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Thanks for replies. I really don't think it's belt slip, but I guess it could be. Definitely some sort of slippage but no obvious sign when I take a peak, and it's something that is so intermittent I don't think I can recreate it. I guess we will just see what happens over time.

Premium Features