• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Season 2018/2019 What bike have you set up for Snowbiking?

Season 2018/2019 What bike have you set up for Snowbiking?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Jan 29, 2011
Me and my buddy are riding at sea level and have Tedesled kits, but the 300 TPI that we both now have has won the place from exc500s and neither of us would change back. In heavy conditions the 500 can tractor thru a bit better and has approx 15% better milage. That and the fact that it is more relaxing to travel long transports on the 500 is the only thing we find an advantage with the big 4strokes.

The 300 TPI has great bottom end torque and have no problems at all with the dreaded carb freeze as compared to the old carbed bikes. We have ridden the TPIs in -25 degrees celcius and it runs flawlessly. Also the 300 2stroke is so much more flickable/nimble in the woods even when track kit is mounted. Great combo if you have kit that is both light and easy to turn the track on. :nod:

Thanks for the info, I'm on a 12 KTM 300 xcw with a TS RAW kit.

Ive tossed around the idea of building a winter only 450, but its reviews like these that keep me on the 300 for all 4 seasons.

Im trying to decide what to upgrade this next year.

New TPI 300
RIOT (waiting on reviews, looks fun, hoping its not a trencher)

Premium Features