• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EVO Intercooler Fan Hardware Galling

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Was installing my EVO intercooler fan last night and I found that the stainless steel allen head bolt that replaces the hardware that secures the intercooler brackets to the sled at the top have galled and become stuck in their locknuts. Anyone else have this happen?

The first one galled and became stuck while I was installing it on the sled. The second one galled while I was trying it out before installing it, so that if it did I would only have to dremel off the one I had already put on.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Was installing my EVO intercooler fan last night and I found that the stainless steel allen head bolt that replaces the hardware that secures the intercooler brackets to the sled at the top have galled and become stuck in their locknuts. Anyone else have this happen?

The first one galled and became stuck while I was installing it on the sled. The second one galled while I was trying it out before installing it, so that if it did I would only have to dremel off the one I had already put on.

Did you reuse the stock nuts? New SS lock nuts should have been included in the kit.

Please let me know. Either way I can send you new hardware.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
2013-02-06_10-02-08_190_zps29c53ee3.jpg

It was the included hardware. No need to send new hardware since I need to stop at the hardware store to get some discs for the dremel to get it off the sled. Probably cost more in postage to send it anyway!

Yeah, I should have used WD40 :(

Premium Features