• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

foam around headlights not tight letting snow into intake

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
I noticed that the foam around my head lights isn't tight and it can let snow right past into the air box. Any fix's out there? Aside from removing the air box and adding foam tape I can't think of much. Unless a guy goes with a headlight delete but they sure came in handing this past weekend lol.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Black rtv silicone. This is on my turbo m8. Just set your head lights where you want them and then seal it up. Simple!:)

504fbb9a-7668-13a5.jpg

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
"Gorilla" tape. Comes in three and two inch wide. Cut to fit the three inch to fit when I turned my whole head light pod into an "intake". Used it as temp fix just to see how the concept worked. Planned on using the BDX or similar Delete on just one headlight and running both bulbs in the other.
Turns out, the Gorilla tape worked perfect!

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I don't think it's the headlight area. Usually on my sleds the snow was getting in around the side intakes, right between the hood and the cheap foam AC uses to seal the airbox. I also duct tape the joint where the airbox halves join. Everything else is sealed.

It's one of my must things to do before riding since the M7's. Never had the deep powder bog or water in the airbox since.

I just cut a triangle piece of open cell foam (like humidifier foam), pull the rubber o-rings and couple of bolts to pry the airbox back, shove it in till it covers the side holes completly leaving the cheap foam there, and put it back together.

I actually pull the aluminum shield that AC put in to stop the headlight from melting out from under there and strip out the foam in the headlight area to let some cool air in under the hood and it leaves via the hole made by the much needed, homemade, hood lift bracket that's been on every one of my M-sleds since '06.

You do that stuff and you'll never have a snow ingestion or heat melting things issue again.

IMHO, LOL.

Last edited:
Premium Features