• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ranger Creek???

G

gotthefever

Jan 7, 2008
Kremmling, CO
Has anyone been up to Ranger Creek lodge yet? I have been trying to get ahold of Corine all week via email and phone and she hasn't gotten back. I need to extend our trip a few days and need to know if they have room.

I guess I am wondering if they are still open or what is going on?

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
same here were supost to go up the first week in march and wanted to get another cabin. I tried email , messageing on here, and calling and when ya call it says the mail box is full you cant leave a message. have you gotten ahold of them yet?

G

gotthefever

Jan 7, 2008
Kremmling, CO
Still haven't gotten a hold of them yet. I guess they forgot to pay bills and have went under. That is the rumors I have heard anyway. If you call your CC company, they can get the money back for you. Mine gave us the money back and is going to fight them. I would try that first and if that doesn't work, maybe all of us could find a way to get our deposits back?

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
that is not good at all We have a group of 12 of us going out i gave them $500 and sum bucks for a deposit plus we rented 8 sled threw them from bear lodge . Where else would be a good place to stay that would rent sleds around that area. Ok i am talking to bear lodge right now and they say that they are not opening for this season im so pissed off. OK OK I have settled down now. I talked to bear lodge and we have had reservations there this whole time to stay at bear lodge not ranger creek I have no clue as to what is going on there but if you have reservations at ranger creek I would sugest you call bear lodge and see what is if you have reservations there instead.

L
Nov 29, 2007
Farmington, Mn
Four of us have Feb 24th reservations. Called this morning and talked to a ranchhand, he said they are not open now but SHOULD be in Feb. Should we get our money back and stay somewhere else??

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
I would check with bear lodgethey said when they shut down they transfered alot of the reservations over to bear lodge. Ours did anyway. We had rented sleds from ranger creak and they get the sleds from bear lodge and when I asked them today about our sled rentals they said they had no record of them renting sleds for us. We had rented 8 sleds for two days. Im sorry but I just dont trust ranger creak now. They never called or emailed or nothing. Not a good way to do business. So if i wouldnt have been checking into it now we would have headed up there and had no sleds to meet us or place to stay.

Four of us have Feb 24th reservations. Called this morning and talked to a ranchhand, he said they are not open now but SHOULD be in Feb. Should we get our money back and stay somewhere else??

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
Ya thats prety much how I did it to. I did get a emial last night from bear lodge telling me this same thing. You have to pay there prices for rooms but atleast we have rooms and sleds to rent instead of being out in the cold.

Premium Features