• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats the trick? (Primary Clutch separating)

S

smileyz

Oct 18, 2008
Lehi, Utah
Okay it wasn't to hard using a puller to get the Primary clutch out of the sled. But I can't get the damn thing to separate.

I've tried leaving the puller in lifting it off the work bench and hitting the puller with a hammer with no luck.

Any suggestions or tricks to get the sheaves to separate?

Thanks,
Mike K.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Just hit it harder, or slam the puller head against a concrete floor (clutch upside down of course).....it will go.

S

smileyz

Oct 18, 2008
Lehi, Utah
Already tried the upside down on the concrete as well with no luck. Even tried holding it up while a buddy smacked the puller with a hammer it just doesn't want to separate.

Thanks for the responce winter brew...

L8Rz,
Mike K.

Skidooguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Central Washington
What has worked for me is to place the clutch horizontal on the floor on a piece of wood, put your foot between the halves of the clutch and use your foot as a wedge as you hit on the bolt. Has worked every time for me.

S

smileyz

Oct 18, 2008
Lehi, Utah
Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up using a heat gun and then smacking it on the concrete again and it finaly gave in to all the abuse...

L8Rz,
Mike K.

Premium Features