• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muffpot on XP?

K
Nov 27, 2007
Lynnhood
Hey,

(answering mrquick's call to arms)

If I get a muffpot where is the best place to mount it on my stock XP?

Anyone have any pics they can show?

Thanks< >

S
Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
I mounted mine on the right side on top of the pipe if you were looking down on the sled with the hood off. Works great in that location and fits well. Some say it does not get hot enough when mounted on the pipe over the insulation shield but I never have a problem with mine getting hot enough.

I would take a pic but my sled is at the dealer getting a new crank.

K
Nov 27, 2007
Lynnhood
Yeah, I saw a post that someone cut holes in their heatshield so their muffpot would cook. Seems counter-intuitive to me when everyone is cutting their sleds to pieces for screens to evacuate the hot air. Mounting it as close to the y-pipe as possible sounds logical. So does mounting it on the can.

C
UPS guy should be here with my M-Pot this afternoon....I honestly hadnt realized that it may not heat my derned hotpockets if mounted in the wrong spot?

I would hate to reach for a tasty ham and cheese hotpocket only to emerge from under me hood with a cold pocket?:mad:

Man....Quick is right. We need more discussion up in here!!

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
I mounted mine on the right side on top of the pipe if you were looking down on the sled with the hood off. Works great in that location and fits well. Some say it does not get hot enough when mounted on the pipe over the insulation shield but I never have a problem with mine getting hot enough.

I would take a pic but my sled is at the dealer getting a new crank.

i think the frogskins will help the muffput get hotter and engine compart to stay cooler as less snow/steam will be on the pipe, but more heat will escape up and out. Heat up and out, but pipe nice a warm along with the muffy! :D

K
Nov 27, 2007
Lynnhood
Ok, so frogskins & muffpot...

my wife is gonna think I've gone crazy when she sees those on my Christmas list!! Santa should be bringing a mtn fit vent kit to help with the heat UP & out issue.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
If your muff pot is not getting hot enough then you are not riding hard enough. I could bake the he!! out of anything in there if I wanted to. A few good pulls and it gets plenty hot enough, but when riding in real deep snow it does tend to cool off from the snow coming in and hitting it. (like when carving down hill)

I did put frogskins on mine though this year to keep the snow out, should work even better now.

V
Mar 29, 2008
Here is where I installed mine! Stoked on hot pockets, anyone got a guess on cook time? and do I just throw one in in the plastic wrapper in some tin foil?

1258057539-847006-600x400-1258053850sled_right_side.jpg

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Look at my recent thread on this topic. Per advice from the snowesters I just mounted one on the top of my MBRP can. Fits great and is level.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Here is where I installed mine! Stoked on hot pockets, anyone got a guess on cook time? and do I just throw one in in the plastic wrapper in some tin foil?

1258057539-847006-600x400-1258053850sled_right_side.jpg

Did they change the looks of the HPS can? I bought one used off a member here but mine looks different than that.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Great, it seems like what was sold to me isn't actually an HPS can because mine doesn't look like that.

They don't have a website and I couldn't find any pictures to compare so I'm gonna have to see if the seller is decent enough to give me my money back.

S

Sako7STW

Nov 6, 2003
Evanston, WY
Great, it seems like what was sold to me isn't actually an HPS can because mine doesn't look like that.

They don't have a website and I couldn't find any pictures to compare so I'm gonna have to see if the seller is decent enough to give me my money back.

Take a picture and show us before you jump to conclusions.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
It dosent have the HPS logo?

Mebbe its an MBRP....

Nope, no logo. It actually has a bolt or bolt head on the top of the large area of the silencer, threaded into the silencer, I'm not sure what the heck that's for but it looks factory. Not sure if that rings a bell for anybody or not. I kind of thought to myself after I put it on and listened to the motor, "How can this be a HPS, it's really quiet".

There is no logo anywhere on the silencer.

It's doesn't look like anything MBRP or SLP offers.

I'll get a picture later today.

EDIT:

By searching Google, I just found a picture of a silencer that looks like mine. The one in this picture is a Straight Line Performance can. I'm almost positive mine looks exactly like this. :mad: I'll double check later.

spi_800r_silencer.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features