• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how does everybody like there xp compared to others in deep powder

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Years ago when I was in my twenties we took the bedliner out of my Isuzu truck and pulled it and a rider around the Columbia river. It stayed up on top pretty good, lots of floatation.

Still think the guys wake boarding behind the same boat were having a better time.

Even the stand up ski's, wind surfers, and kite boarders work up a good sweat compared to the ditz's on personal three seater watercraft, weee.

I rode a Yamaha Phazer 144" four stroke last year in powder, it was awesome how it stayed up on top, just did'nt climb.:)

I rode with a guy who had a hawk , we went out on a chest deep day. I dont know who was more tired at the days end. Him or me from helping him get it up and on plane again. I was impressed with it , but not enough to want one. sj

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
If it has a name brand on it, it's good-to-go?

Or are there owners, tuners, and dealers that make their particular flavor seem tastier than anything else?

There aint a Twoski or One that out of the box will perform to it's potential, they should though!

Then the only excuses being made would be from it's owner.:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti0E7JPbw9c

L

lucky13

Nov 26, 2007
northern utah
Years ago when I was in my twenties we took the bedliner out of my Isuzu truck and pulled it and a rider around the Columbia river. It stayed up on top pretty good, lots of floatation.

Still think the guys wake boarding behind the same boat were having a better time.

Even the stand up ski's, wind surfers, and kite boarders work up a good sweat compared to the ditz's on personal three seater watercraft, weee.

I rode a Yamaha Phazer 144" four stroke last year in powder, it was awesome how it stayed up on top, just did'nt climb.:)

years ago i was looking seriously at a snowhawk, until i started reading your posts. that scared me i thought what you are might attach itself to me.
NO SALE

Skidoox600

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rode 09 Dragon and 09 m8 and XP 154, The xp worked the best for deep DEEP, snow days!

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
What the heck am I doing looking at this! :)

I am a die hard AC rider. But I will honestly say the XP's do run very well. You will need to have a very well tuned and clutch AC or Polaris to hang with a well tuned/clutched XP.

But all kidding aside. It comes down to setup, tuning, clutching, and rider.

And alot of that comes from good dealers to help with setup. Good friends that have them dialed in.

So bottom line ride what you like, and if you can dial the sled in you will hang with all of them.

IMO, I have a hard time with the balance of the Rev or XP chassis. I have been on the green boats for to long. :)

Thunder

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
I remember last year Wyomingta finally got to ride with a 09 M8 and in his words he got schooled by that M8.
Sorry the XP is not superior to the other sleds in deep powder. All brands need work in order for them to work well.

J
Feb 11, 2009
california
I remember last year Wyomingta finally got to ride with a 09 M8 and in his words he got schooled by that M8.
Sorry the XP is not superior to the other sleds in deep powder. All brands need work in order for them to work well.

what are you talking about you put a 09 m8 which a friend has one and a 09 xp. with both sleds dialed in the xp will walk all over the m8. do you think it might be rider or maybe a 16 wide track;)?. power to weight with better floation:D. yes all sleds need the bugs worked out.

H
Feb 16, 2009
Sorry guy's I have a 09 154 xp , from all the ranting and raving ,power to weight, 16'' wide track ect, ect.
I thought it was going to be the ticket for deep powder and getting up those hills in deep powder.
Bought this sled last year after owning a 08 d8 163 .
Which I still have , I had all last season to compare these sleds.
The d8 only has a pipe , but will flat out work better in the deep every time .
Oh I tried lots of stuff to the xp , some how the dragon has more power.

W

will

Mar 16, 2008
Calgary
Deep powder

I have Xp's and there so great I can park them on open water and they don't even sink. In all seriousness guys I'm very happy with them but, they're all made to work and work well, my friends have M8's and M10's and we all average out equal at the end of the day and a lot of it is rider and set up.

Will

T

trench

Nov 28, 2007
Real Deep Powder

If they were good , that's what I would ride... but I don't.:D

R

Randog

Dec 3, 2007
Time will tell for me I have a 06 M7 that kicks a$$ on most 800s including the summit xp's . Now I own one we will see.

J
Feb 11, 2009
california
Time will tell for me I have a 06 M7 that kicks a$$ on most 800s including the summit xp's . Now I own one we will see.

you get the clutching dialed in on the xp and hopefully its an 09 or 10:face-icon-small-hap. night and day compared to the 06 m7:eek: are you serious those riders or rider must suck. iam done with this crap

Last edited:
G
Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, Montana
My first Ski Doo XP

I bought my first Ski Doo XP Summit X 163", 2010 I'm really looking forward to this year. I've owned AC for 5 years, I just sold my 2007 M1000,SLP pipe kit w/ Boonedocker box. It would sure climb, but buy the end of the day I was beat. I road a friends XP last year, I liked the way it road. It was really light compared too my M1000, so I'm just waiting on some snow here in Bozeman, MT. Oh, I know the XP rides a lot different than the cat does.Looking forward to a change, its all a bought having fun!

C
I'm with Mr Dreyer above. First year on an XP but with an added bonus 2010 Artic Cat 800HO HCR in my garage to compare it to!

I thinkl this will be interesting as I'm a dirtbike guy who just wanted to try sledding this year.....My sledding exp consists of some days on rental turds back in the late 90's. Hence I havent a clue and have absolutely zero preconcieved powder performance expectations....I'm a Newb. My plan is pin the throttle and hope I make it through, up or over whatever is in my way! (Purchased Ins policy yesterday:eek:)

I think this will bode well when comparing the two sleds....I ended up a 100% owner of a new XP and 40% owner of a new Cat until buddy has his money right.

Should be an interesting rookie year!

Premium Features