• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 dragon 700 155 turbo ideas? what works?

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
i got a 700 dragon and looking to see what is working and not having many problems for pgas turbos. if anyone can help and let me know that would be awesome.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
MY BD pump gas kit works pretty well, but once you get a taste I'm betting you'll be turning up the boost and adding a little race fuel or AV Gas.

Boost is worse than Heroin.

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
yeah im sure i will, just dont have many 2 stroke turbos here so dont really know whats working and what isnt, heard aeros are the way to go, heard garretts is the way to go, im just trying to get some input, im leaning towards the kits that justin at coderedperformance has but just trying to get some input from the guys who use them first.

H
Nov 26, 2007
Close to Mountains
I'd stay away from the areo (horror stories and costly replacment). Bang for the buck hands down would be Silber.

My areo has been turn key for 3 seasons. I think it's all about who's kit it is and how it's set up. It's also less weight.
Nothing wrong with the Garrett set up. I've seen problems with them too. It's all about how the kit is set up.

My .02 cents

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Boondocker

I have the boondocker kit in an 08. Our group is running about 5 of them now and we haven't had any problems. We got ours from Justin at code red and he has been great.
Nice part about boondockers is they have sold a ton of them so they have proven reliable at this point. Plus they are heavily invested in continuing the R&D on the kits. Like this year they have come out with the electronic boost controller and push to pass feature that can be retrofitted to past kits.
Just my opinion but I have been really happy with mine.
Arc

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I have an aero 66 on mine and it has been flawless so far. It is a "Steve Packer kit". Just a fair warning....you will probably see alot of "aero bashing" on here as this thread goes forward....happens everytime the subject comes up. I have never personally known an Aero to go down, but i do know of 2 of the Boondocker setups that have, so i lean toward the Aero....based on my experience. There are guys on here who say that they have seen exactly the opposite, so it is evident to me that it is all about who builds the kit and how it is set up.

After reading MANY posts and research done myself...i would say the Silber turbo is the least expensive by far and it is getting great reviews. The only negative thing i have read about Silber, is one guy thought the price was too low...lol The only one i would stay away from is the HM turbo guys. My personal experience with them was worse than horrible. They would be my absolute LAST choice.

I have ridden both pump gas and race gas turbos (mine is race gas) and i like the race gas setup much better due to the additional power. If you get a pump gas setup....make sure it has the option to make the necessary adjustments and/or add some additional parts to be able to run race gas in it too. There is a big difference between the two!

No matter what you do...you will never go back to a "regular" sled once the turbo bug has bitten you :)

Hope my 2 cents worth helps.

Good luck...:D

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
thanks about the hm turbo warnings, thats what i was looking at or justin at code red which i have heard nothing but great things about and im thinking thats the way i need to go. how difficult is the install on one?

F
Mar 6, 2008
ND
My areo has been turn key for 3 seasons. I think it's all about who's kit it is and how it's set up. It's also less weight.
Nothing wrong with the Garrett set up. I've seen problems with them too. It's all about how the kit is set up.

My .02 cents

You are correct. When the smoke settles it all comes down to setup. I havent had hands on personal expirence with an areo so please excuse my clouded <(areos bad rap) opinion.;)

RMK700RULES, goodluck with the build. Either way you go boost rules! :D

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
thanks about the hm turbo warnings, thats what i was looking at or justin at code red which i have heard nothing but great things about and im thinking thats the way i need to go. how difficult is the install on one?

Idk anything about Code Red so cant comment on that. Silber has by far the best price on the kits. If cost is an issue, i would definitely check them out. The only turbos i have ridden is a pump gas boondocker setup, my Aero 66 sled, and another riding buddy's aero kit sled. All of them ran flawlessly when i was riding them. Btw...clutching is a BIG deal on these turbo sleds...so make sure its done right.

At first when i got mine, i would never have attempted installing it myself, but since i own one now and have tinkered around with it quite a bit, i would not be afraid to install one myself. Seeing what comes with the kits and knowing how it goes together helps alot. I would think it would be quite time consuming to do, but if you have alot of time.....give it a go.

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT

I installed my BD PG kit last year. Instructions were good and install went well. Code Red was very helpful. you dont need to be a "mechanic" but "mechanically inclined" is a must. You can dowload install instructions at www.boondockers.com to see what you're up against.

All of our kits ran flawless last year - running 8 - 10#

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Whos HM? Your not reffering to highmark rec are you? Because Reggies stuff flat works and he is awesome to deal with. I hope that HM is just some other company I am not familliar with. Cause I can not say enough good about Reggie highmark rec and Lance when he was there.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Whos HM? Your not reffering to highmark rec are you? Because Reggies stuff flat works and he is awesome to deal with. I hope that HM is just some other company I am not familliar with. Cause I can not say enough good about Reggie highmark rec and Lance when he was there.

I think he is talking about shane hart..hms turbos...which is odd because I have heard flat out they have the best turbo kit for polaris..it is the kit Curt at Fastrax motorsports sells and installs..the only kit with a liquid/air intercooler....that makes as much power as other kits while running less boost....

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
are you guys having any problems with the garretts with an intercooler climbing long climbs where you get way to much heat on the intakes at around 3 to 6 thousand feet?

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
are you guys having any problems with the garretts with an intercooler climbing long climbs where you get way to much heat on the intakes at around 3 to 6 thousand feet?
I've had no problems with that on mine, PG BD kit w/mini intercooler. Talk to Justin @ Code Red, Great guy, know's his stuff and will get you set up correctly.

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
Hey we just looked at the new MTNTK (mountain tek) BIG BOOST TURBO KIT this thing rocks, there are not mods as far as cutting a hole in the tunnel or anyother cuts. it bolts on and runs out the stock exaust hole it looks stock like it was on the sledd from the factory real clean. we are the first dealer to get trained on installing them it looks like an install time of only 4 to 5 hours. This turbo is going to be insane
www.pmspolaris.com

F
Mar 6, 2008
ND
Hey we just looked at the new MTNTK (mountain tek) BIG BOOST TURBO KIT this thing rocks, there are not mods as far as cutting a hole in the tunnel or anyother cuts. it bolts on and runs out the stock exaust hole it looks stock like it was on the sledd from the factory real clean. we are the first dealer to get trained on installing them it looks like an install time of only 4 to 5 hours. This turbo is going to be insane
www.pmspolaris.com

What exactly is "BIG BOOST":confused: on a two smoke polaris? I along with many others have tried the stock hole for exhaust dump.Did it on my 7 and 8 and man did the pow like plugging that up;). Lets see some pics of this setup. Very curious.

Last edited:
Premium Features