• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

water/meth injection

R

rymo84

Sep 14, 2008
Iowa
what do you guys think of water methanol injection on a 08 polaris 700 turbo, or any 2 stroke with turbo? no innercooler

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
pm silber, he has a sweet setup utilizing an extra injector controlled by attitude box. He should be able to help you out.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I'm still not 100% sold on water meth in a 2 stroke, I have reservations about it possibly washing the crank bearings too much, but we'll see. interesting concept for sure.

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Yes, his setup has an extra injector in the charge tube. It is controlled by the attitude box. You can adjust injection amount, and what boost it comes on through the box.

As for washing crank bearings down, I was concerned about that as well. Justin said that injection isn't happening untill your at boost so in theory the mixture will be vaporized from the hot air. Not that your spraying water drops into the motor. Testing and time will tell for sure.

R

rymo84

Sep 14, 2008
Iowa
is this extra injector designed for water/meth use, or is it just a regular fuel injector? if it is a regular fuel injector its gunna rust shut in no time when not inuse

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Yes, his setup has an extra injector in the charge tube. It is controlled by the attitude box. You can adjust injection amount, and what boost it comes on through the box.

As for washing crank bearings down, I was concerned about that as well. Justin said that injection isn't happening untill your at boost so in theory the mixture will be vaporized from the hot air. Not that your spraying water drops into the motor. Testing and time will tell for sure.
The water isn't necessarilly what I'm worried about, your adding a solvent and water to the air charge comming into the crankcase. ie Steam and a solvent. Ever used a steam cleaning system? amazingly effective without a solvent for removing oils and grease.

Like I said it may not be an issue with the bearings beeing directly lubed by the oil injection on the sled, but I'll wait to see what they look like after a season of use and an off season before I put it on my sled.

Premium Features