• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moving to Colorado Springs need help!

X
Jan 27, 2008
Minnesota
Moving in a week, and I need a little help. First and most important, a job. I'm a skilled finish carpenter, can also do all phases of residential construction, framing, siding, remodeling. I've been a remodeling contractor for the last 5 years. I can also weld very well, mig, tig, steel, aluminum, stainless steel. And anything mechanical, cars, sleds, atvs you name it, have tools too. So if you own a business and need a smart, skilled employee, or know of some thing PM me.

I'm also looking for a small to medium downhill mountain bike. full suspension something around $1000

Last, but not least, some riding buddies for the upcoming winter.

Wifes got a job, so we wont starve, but I have to find something, I'm NOT a stay-at-home guy.

Thanks for any help!

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
welcome to CO!

lots of guys riding and plenty are willing to hook up. All comes down to when you can ride and what kinda of terrain you like to ride.

As the season gets closer lots of people will be active in this section and will gladly invite you along.

Good luck with the move and hope you have a great winter!

Diz

W
Nov 26, 2007
Bay City MI
Make sure you come to the snow show this year and introduce yourself around. Good way to meet people face to face and get in on the riding. Show is in Oct. I believe. Just keep checking to CO section you'll have no problem hooking up with peeps to ride with. Welcome to Colorado!:beer;

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Check with the local club there. They will have family riders, old riders, young riders and someone that fits your riding style. You can always come up and ride with our club (in my signature), but that is a jaunt. Sorry I can't help with the job situation.

Colorado Springs Club

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
Thanks, will be hittin the show and definitely joining a club.

lucky !!!!
so.... have you purchased a house yet and looking for a roomate yet :D

just kidding its my dream to live in the mountains but I need to finish skool first and the lady friend said "no fcukin way" so i need to get rid of her too:cool:

B
I think the trades that your skilled in are starting to pick up again due to all the new soldiers coming to town from TX but there are still alot of trades guys laid off. Look on craigslist, that might give you an idea who's hiring.
Good luck with the move and finding a job.

X
Jan 27, 2008
Minnesota
lucky !!!!

just kidding its my dream to live in the mountains but I need to finish skool first and the lady friend said "no fcukin way" so i need to get rid of her too:cool:

Yeah, we rented a house on the west side near ute park. As far as roomates go, I think my sister-in-law is enough for now.
Ur lady friend might like it there.

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
lucky !!!!

Finish Skool or school. LOL. Dump the girlfriend. I moved from Minn years ago and have never looked back.......

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I too moved from Minnesooota exactly one year from today I think...you will NEVER want to go back:):) (even if the bit#h you moved here for deserts ya) :)

You are welcome to ride with us boys from Parker if you wish xfire! Also, I basically live in the Springs on the weekends (due to my gf living there) so we should hook up and grab some beers sometime!

Welcome to CO!!!!!

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
Welcome to Colorado. We ride every weekend and sometimes during the week. There is nothing quite like the smell of 2-stroke in the cold morning air as you look up at the 14,000 foot mountain tops towering above the snow field you’re sitting in.

IMG_0019.jpg

B
I too moved from Minnesooota exactly one year from today I think...you will NEVER want to go back:):) (even if the bit#h you moved here for deserts ya) :)

You are welcome to ride with us boys from Parker if you wish xfire! Also, I basically live in the Springs on the weekends (due to my gf living there) so we should hook up and grab some beers sometime!

Welcome to CO!!!!!

I would like to ride with a group similar to my style riding, we should all get together for beers sometime and plan a ride.

Xfire, i'm on the west side as well if you want to stop by for a beer let me know.

M
Dec 26, 2008
Pphr cs co

The local club is the Pikes Peak Highriders. We meet every month starting in Nov. Also a club picnic in Jul (this Sunday).

I'm the president of the chapter.

Look for us on the Colorado Snowmobile Association web site or Pikes Peak Highriders site.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I would like to ride with a group similar to my style riding, we should all get together for beers sometime and plan a ride.

Xfire, i'm on the west side as well if you want to stop by for a beer let me know.

backformore...sounds like a great idea to me! I'll PM ya my contact details...

X
Jan 27, 2008
Minnesota
Thanks for the welcomes and invites. MD800 I found your website I'll be joining the club after we get moved in, looks like I'll miss the picnic by 4 days though.
Backformore, Trackvs2wheels I'll PM you for beers after we get settled, and we can plan some rides.

M
Dec 26, 2008
Got an e-mail address and I'll include it on the club e-mails? I'm Mark, home number 303-660-4418 if you have any questions when you get here.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado

Tracks likes to ride trails cuz the steep hills frighten him. Plus he weighs 80 pounds so if you buy him beers it'll be cheap.;);)

Try looking up Skibreeze, Tudizzle, McLovin and I forget who else. They ride SOCO all of the time and all ride really well.

Good luck with the framing work. I wish you the best of luck but you may have to settle for something else until the job you want pops up.:beer;:beer;

Premium Features